cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Agerde
Level: Powered On

Getting TextBox to Fill Sharepoint List to use Flow

Let me see if I can explain this Correctly.

An old employee made a form for a SharePoint list in PowerApps, without using the SharePoint Form. He made a Form Seperately in PowerApps, and using a Submit button is Patching the information into the SharePoint List columns.

I now need to add a new column to the SharePoint List to add an approval process, the easiest way we have done this in the past is to use Flow. This Auto generates a new column, immediately when a new item is created it puts it into a pending status, and send sthe email for approval. Here comes the issue.

He used a Text box to generate options in a gallery, and is then filling in an agents name in a label, based off the gallery selection. I now need to add another box to fill in the team lead for this agent and have my flow send the team lead an email for approval. 

In the OnChange of the Text Box I have set variables --

Set(EmployeeEmail,Gallery1.Selected.Mail);
Set(TeamLeadEmail,Office365Users.Manager(EmployeeEmail).Mail);

I have added a new text box with the Default set to:

Office365Users.Manager(EmployeeEmail).Mail

and the OnChange for this textbox to:

Patch(List name, Defaults(List Name),{'Team Lead Email':TextInput3.Text})

However, when I click submit, the Patch is seemingly not filling in the SharePoint Column fast enough for the Flow to recognize it needs to send the email to the Team leads Email for approval, so the flow is failing since it does not know who to assign the approval email to. Is there a better way to get Fill the data for the Team Leads Email?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting TextBox to Fill Sharepoint List to use Flow

Hi @Agerde ,

In "Gallery1.Selected.Mail", is Mail the column name from SharePoint list? If so, what's its column type?

Also, try to use below formula directly instead of using a lot of variables.

Patch(List name, Defaults(List Name),{'Team Lead Email':Office365Users.Manager(Gallery1.Selected.Mail).Mail})

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting TextBox to Fill Sharepoint List to use Flow

Hi @Agerde ,

In "Gallery1.Selected.Mail", is Mail the column name from SharePoint list? If so, what's its column type?

Also, try to use below formula directly instead of using a lot of variables.

Patch(List name, Defaults(List Name),{'Team Lead Email':Office365Users.Manager(Gallery1.Selected.Mail).Mail})

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,296)