cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFischer
Level: Powered On

Getting a count of fields on a form

I have a rather lengthy form that requires scrolling to complete. I thought it would be nice to display a progress indicator at the top of the canvas indicating how far along you are in completing the form. I thought about using the Tabindex property but it does not appear that I can read that property.

My idea for a solution is to display the % of form completion using a formula similar to (Tabindex of current field)/(Total number of fields on form).

Is this kind of functionality possible? Has anyone done something similar?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Getting a count of fields on a form

Hi @MFischer,

I don't think currently it is possible to make the auto-scroll work in a form control.

You may consider create multiple forms, then take use of Patch() function to submit the data.

See the following thread for more details:

Submit multiple forms

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFischer
Level: Powered On

Re: Getting a count of fields on a form

Thank you for the response.

Sorry if I was not clear. I am not interested in auto-scrolling the form. I am interested in displaying a progress indicator of what field of total fields on the form I am currnetly completing. For example, let's say the form has 25 fields. On load, fields 1 - 7 are visible on the PA canvas. I envision the heading with a message simialr to "Now completing Field 1 of 25". As I progress through completing each field on the form, the couter would increment. Optionally this could be shown as a progress bar going from 0% - 100%.

This could be done manually but that is not ideal. An automatic implementation would be ideal but I do not think PA has this capability. 

Currently my muli-page form is being posted to my SharePoint list using Patch which overall wroks well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 273 members 5,262 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: