cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fusion
Level: Powered On

Getting information form a DataTable to Text Box's

Hey all, need some help. I have been trying to get information form a Data Table and populate a bunch of textboxes when the user presses the Edit button. 

I have used the txtBrand.Text = dtDeviceInfo.Selected.Brand but nothing shows up and I have been researching through this site and can't seem to find a way to do this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Getting information form a DataTable to Text Box's

@Fusion 

For a Text Input control, you need to place this expression on the "Default" property.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Fusion 

Can you please confirm where you are putting this value for the DataTable selected item? I carried out a simple test on my side and it worked fine.

I have made a reference to Data Table selected item on the label, but using below mentioned formula on Text property of label:
Expression: 
DataTable1.Selected.Education
Here DataTable1 refers to the name of my DataTable and the Education is the attribute that I want to refer to.\MicrosoftTeams-image (141).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Fusion

Sorry for taking a while to reply the issue is I need it done when the user hits the edit button. 

So within btnEdit.OnSelect I have the code 

txtBrand.Text = dtDeviceInfo.Selected.Brand

Which then does nothing when the button is pressed

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Fusion 

This is happening because you cannot set control text directly, for doing so, please follow below steps:

Button -> OnSelect -> Set(SelectedBrand, dtDeviceInfo.Selected.Brand)

Label -> Text -> SelectedBrand

Using a variable you can directly set the reference to update value.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Fusion

I just tried your response but the issue is that I am using a text box and not a lable as this is also used as an input method. 

The text box does not have the TEXT property in the pull downAnnotation 2019-07-02 160831.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Fusion 

For a Text Input control, you need to place this expression on the "Default" property.

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Fusion

So easy how did I not know that

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,019)