cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kldmurshed
Level: Powered On

Getting "__PowerAppsId__" after form is submitted

I just started using PowerApps because of the business needs of our organization.

Currently, I'm storing the data submitted of the form into an Excel sheet.

There is a column called "__PowerAppsId__" which I use it as a reference for the row.

How can I get/use this reference after the form is submitted? is there a way to get the "__PowerAppsId__" after I submit the form?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

Re: Getting "__PowerAppsId__" after form is submitted

Hi @Kldmurshed,

As far as I can tell, this column is hidden by the system and is not available to the user.  I suggest that you add an ID column to your Excel table, set its property as a number, and populate it as a series of consecutive integers starting with 1. On your Edit form, Add the ID column as a Card and set the card's DisplayMode property as disabled (You could also make the Visibility property false), because you wouldn't want your users to change it. The DataCardValue box inside the card would have the Default property If(!IsBlank(Parent.Default),Parent.Default,First(Sort(DataSource,ID,Descending)).ID+1) where the Datasource is the table name in Excel. Hope that helps.

Kldmurshed

__PowerAppsId__  column is visible in excel sheet

What I'm trying to do is, once the record is inserted, I initiate the flow for an approval process and when accepted/rejected, I'm updating that record using the ID. Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Super User
Super User

I am not familiar with Flow but if it is done immediately upon submitting the form,  something like putting the trigger in the Form's OnSuccess property using the Form1.LastSubmit property?

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Adding in @JonL-MSFT to assist with this Flow related question.

@TopShelf-MSFT

Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

That _id_ is hidden as far as I remember. However, when using a form control you can use FormName.LastSubmit to get stuff back after submission. If you need to use that data elsewhere in the app, everything else visible on that record can be retrieved by creating a variable after the submit action. So your onselect for form submission would look something like this: 

SubmitForm(EditForm1);Set(varResponse,EditForm1.LastSubmit)

As a result you'll be able to retrieve everything submit through varResponse. and as you type the dot you'll see all the non-hidden columns from that last submission anywhere else in the app. 

Audrie

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

@Kldmurshed How's it going? 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Kldmurshed

@TopShelf-MSFT and @Audrie-MSFT

Please see the photos attached below, I'm updating a row in excel based on the row ID which in this case "__PowerAppsId__".

I have made another column as an ID "RecordID"  but its not accepting it and not updting the row.

I made a test and hard coded the row ID with a value of "__PowerAppsId__" and its getting updated.

The excel connector is requesting "__PowerAppsId__" as row ID

My question is how I can pass the value of "__PowerAppsId__" to the Flow when submitting the form? or is there another way of doing that?

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 10.33.35 AM.png

In Excel :

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 10.45.26 AM.png

Regards

Highlighted
Kldmurshed

jhn1

Hello @Drrickryp
I am having the same difficulty updating a record (in this case the data source is a Google Sheet).  There seems to be no way to get at a record's __PowerAppsId__ from within PowerApps. I can see it when I manually open the spreadsheet.  I tried your solution of creating a column in my source sheet named "ID", etc.  I can use this when I update my record, but it makes no difference.  PowerApps still gives me this precise error message: "__PowerAppsID__: field required".  This is a pretty stunning message from a program that prevents one from getting at the very information it is requiring.  Do you have any other ideas?  My app needs to update its records.  By the way I am not using a Flow.  I am using a formula to either Patch or Update a record depending on whether it already exists.

Thank you in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,846)