cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr-dang
Level 10

Re: Global Variable works on Desktop but not on Phone

@Anorakman wrote:

Anyone got any thoughts on how to work around this problem until it is fixed?  If it is fixed?

Hi Anorakman,

Thank you for providing steps for replication. That helped a lot and gave me a good sense of how and why you were encountering this issue. @KroonOfficeSol, I appreciate that you stepped up and offered help.

I was able to replicate the issue on iOS and I have two comments:

1. This can be solved with best practices. When working within a Gallery, I set the global variable to ThisItem instead of Gallery.Selected. ThisItem is designed for citing child content whereas Gallery.Selected is for referencing the gallery from controls outside the gallery. 
  2. It appears like the action is being activated before the row in the gallery is considered "selected." This explains how the variable seems to be behind by one step. It does not register the selection until after the actions are performed.

Let me know if that helps.

Mr. Dang

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

He Mr Dang,

This is indead a nice improvement and a better way to fill the Global variable, nice. But wouldn't still the Gallery be filtered on screen entry or is this update preformed before the screen to become visible? How does PowerApps handles this in the background?

Paul

Anorakman
Level: Powered On

Many thanks.  Using the ThisItem reference works.  Clearly the Gallery.Selected value is updated after the action to Set the global variable is completed.

Only question is why this behaviour is inconsistent between iOS and pc browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,910)