cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeCaru
Level 8

Gray text / suggestion-help text

Hello all,

Could anyone guide me to where can I put "help text" in this form? What I want is something like the grayed out text in the red box, and be able to put it in fields where value is empty.

helpText1_forum.png

What I want is, as shown there, to know **where** can I modify the "help" text, as seen in the grayed out font in the red boxes, so I can add it to the ones that do not have one such as the ones in green boxes.

Thanks in advance,

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Gray text / suggestion-help text

@FelipeCaruyou can't modify the Hint Text in the date picker. But, any text input control you have has a HintText property.  In that property you can put whatever Hint Text you want.

Hope that helps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@FelipeCaru 

I assume this is a data form.  If so, go into the form and to that data card.  Unlock it. Then select the DataCardValuexx control - this should be a TextInput control.  It will have a HintText property.  You can set it directly there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Super User
Super User

Hi @FelipeCaru 

@RandyHayes is correct - it's the HintText property that you need to set.

It occurs to me that you might be using PowerApps in Spanish, which might explain why you can't locate the property. In that case, the property is called Sugerencia.

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@FelipeCaruyou can't modify the Hint Text in the date picker. But, any text input control you have has a HintText property.  In that property you can put whatever Hint Text you want.

Hope that helps.

FelipeCaru
Level 8

@RandyHayes 

I do not want to modify the date one, rather, have Hint Text in those that do not have it. Is it a property? By that, it is in the same place where I choose "Item" for properties and all that?

Super User
Super User

@FelipeCaru 

I assume this is a data form.  If so, go into the form and to that data card.  Unlock it. Then select the DataCardValuexx control - this should be a TextInput control.  It will have a HintText property.  You can set it directly there.

Super User
Super User

Hi @FelipeCaru 

@RandyHayes is correct - it's the HintText property that you need to set.

It occurs to me that you might be using PowerApps in Spanish, which might explain why you can't locate the property. In that case, the property is called Sugerencia.

image.png

Highlighted
FelipeCaru
Level 8

@timl @RandyHayes 

Thank you both so much. My problem was that I instead of selecting the box where user input data, was selecting the whole card and thus didn't see the "suggestion/hintText" option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,801)