cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuelJ
Level 8

Grey screen never going away upon loading an app

Hi,

We rolled an app out to ~30 people for UAT.  Upon having that group open the app, they could not get past the defualt PowerApps loading screen.  The screen I am reffering to, is the grey screen built into PowerApps that is shown when first loading into an app.  This is not a custom screen we made, this is shown by PowerApps when first clicking on an App.  

Does anyone have any idea what I should troubleshoot first?  Db connection? User Error?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
samuelJ
Level 8

Re: Grey screen never going away upon loading an app

Hello @mr-dang,

As I am fairly new to PowerApps, I did not know of this "Region" setting for an envirnment.  I created multiple instances of the app, one is U.S. and one in Asia.  So far no users in Asia have reported having this time out issue, and some were in hotels.  

As our app is ~60MB and was being hosted in the U.S. Region, I think people in Asia were experiencing being timed out when trying to download the app.  

Would this be a fair assumption?  For now, I don't think I will try the whitelisting of IP's as the Region change seems to have good feedback.

I greatly appreciate all the help and insight!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
mr-dang
Level 10

@samuelJ, can you share more about the browser/device they are using?

And can you PM me a session id of an instance where it is stuck?

https://aka.ms/pa/sessionid

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
samuelJ
Level 8

Hello @mr-dang,

I am pretty new at using PowerApps.  So as far as sharing a session ID of an instance where it is stuck, this is not information I took note of when this error occured, and I can not recreate it on my device.  I will have users note down their sessions ID when I run into errors like this.  For future reference, what is a session ID going to tell me? Or, how would you use that to troubleshoot an issue?

All the errors appeared on mobile devices.  Either an Apple or Android.  

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

adding in @mr-dang to assist with the most recent question @TopShelf-MSFT

samuelJ
Level 8

@TopShelf-MSFT

I have sent mr-dang a direct message containing my session ID.

samuelJ
Level 8

@TopShelf-MSFT @mr-dang Hello, sorry to bring up an old thread again, but I never got a resolution, hopefully one of you can provide some insight.  We are still constantly having this problem with a handful of users.  A session ID that experienced this is: 007b25b4-704c-4f35-809c-3a27b1884cee.  The "opening"/"downloading" screen stays up for ~10 minutes.  Thank you for any insight!

mr-dang
Level 10

Hi Samuel,

You don't need to apologize. We're tracking this issue with ID # 86348425. We'll let you know what we find out.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Highlighted
mr-dang
Level 10

@samuelJ have you whitelisted IP addresses?:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

This problem is normally encountered due to some kind of networking issue. Were all users on the same network during this testing?

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
samuelJ
Level 8

@mr-dang,

We have not whitelisted any IP address.  The reason being, and answsering your next question, is there have been instances where users on the same network experienced the problem, while others did not and were able to use the app just fine. 

I do not know if this is worth mentioning, but this generally happens on hotels wifi connection (as that is where our users generally are).  Though, as I mentioned, it does not happen to everyone using the hotel connection.  The error has yet to happen on a personal or company network.

We will try to whitelist IP's next.

mr-dang
Level 10

@samuelJ wrote:

I do not know if this is worth mentioning, but this generally happens on hotels wifi connection (as that is where our users generally are). 

This is a very relevant point 🙂

Let me know the loading experience with whitelisting. Is there a common thread you're seeing among the devices that load and don't load on hotel wifi?

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,294)