cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnComm
Level: Powered On

Grey screen screen has moved into the center of the editor

Hi All

I have tried to edit my app and the screen grayed out, i have 10 screens in the app when i try and edit one screen it looks like the attached file the users are still using the app but i cannot update it, i have looked at past post and the "save as" as worked for other users and also using one of the saved versions, but this does not seem to work. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Dawidvh
Level 10

Re: Grey screen screen has moved into the center of the editor

I have a similar problem, but mine is squashed into a horizontal line and not a vertical one.

Dawidvh
Level 10

It looks like the screen lost its width property (or has an incorrect value for the height property). I am not aware of the width property being accessible from the frond end. I have the same problem with the first screen on some of our apps, but it seems like the height property in our case has been affected. If I open the backend json of the PowerApp, I can see that our screen heights are not using the height of some control, which is why everything is squashed into one line.

I wonder of the problem on the PowerApps platform (error opening file) from Friday 14 September had anything to do with these width and height properties becoming mixed up.

JohnComm

It seems that the position an size have changed see attachment

Dawidvh
Level 10

I suspect that your gallery position and size changed because the parent screen's width was reset to blank, or error. I am busy working through one of the apps that we have access to that this happening as well

Dawidvh
Level 10

Hi @JohnComm

We have made a short video to show how to get around this if you need to work on the affected PowerApps urgently.

Have a great day.

https://youtu.be/-HLLF2ZRaXc

Highlighted
JohnComm

Hi Dawidvh

Thanks for your help, i have been able to get the screen back by editing the file as you suggested, it created the screen again but all the buttons and fields width sizes were set to 0, the gallery's were all intact just set the width to 1024 but the fields i had to set 1 at a time, it is quite worrying when this happens as the app is live. and i have 10 apps out there.

Thanks for the help once again 

Regards

Dawidvh
Level 10

Hi @JohnComm

if you publish the last version before the 14th of September, you should be able to get everything back without having to rearrange anything.

Let me know if we should do a quick Skype for Business call, so that we can assist?

JohnComm

Hi Dawidvh

Thanks for your help, i have managed to get my screens back to where they were now.

Regards

Dawidvh
Level 10

Excellent, thats good news!

Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,013)