Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ramole
Level: Powered On

Group

Hi All 

please i need help i ship boxes and i would like my power app gallery to group customers like when i search a customer, i would like to see the customer when i click it it should take me customer page from there i would like to can see all the shipment history something like please guide me how can i do that 

Thank you for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Level 10

Re: Group

At a high level, this is what your design will be:

1. You will first have a Gallery of Customers

2. You will set the OnSelect property of the Gallery to take you to another screen that has an Edit Form to display the selected Customer. So, OnSelect property of the Gallery = Navigate(CustomerDetailsScreen) and Items property of the CustomerDetail form will be CustomerGallery.Selected

3. On that same CustomerDetailsScreen you can have another Gallery of shipments filtered to the customer you have selected in the 1st screen. So the Items property of the Shipment Gallery will be something like Filter(Shipments, Customer = CustomerGallery.Selected)

This should give you all you need!

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
PowerAddict
Level 10

At a high level, this is what your design will be:

1. You will first have a Gallery of Customers

2. You will set the OnSelect property of the Gallery to take you to another screen that has an Edit Form to display the selected Customer. So, OnSelect property of the Gallery = Navigate(CustomerDetailsScreen) and Items property of the CustomerDetail form will be CustomerGallery.Selected

3. On that same CustomerDetailsScreen you can have another Gallery of shipments filtered to the customer you have selected in the 1st screen. So the Items property of the Shipment Gallery will be something like Filter(Shipments, Customer = CustomerGallery.Selected)

This should give you all you need!

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

Ramole

Thanks for quick replay i have that already my question is i want on click customer i would like to see how many shipments we have sent to that customer like if they ship today and again on another day  dates and so on 

PowerAddict
Level 10

That's covered by my 3rd point in the previous reply. You would have to have a gallery of shipments to show the list if shipments filtered to the customer that was selected.

Does that help?
Ramole

Hi 

Thanks i would try and let you know 

Thank you so much  

Ramole

HI 

I get error on the Filter(Shipmentsdata, Company.Value = CustomersGallery.Selected) like red dot on equal sign 

PowerAddict
Level 10

Apologies for the delay in response. The error you are getting in this expression is probably "Invalid argument type"

Filter(Shipmentsdata, Company.Value = CustomersGallery.Selected)

You probably need to change this to

Filter(Shipmentsdata, Company = CustomersGallery.Selected)

Let me know if this works.

Hardit(Haman)

Ramole

Still getting same error,but can you please tell me one thing do i need this Filter(Shipmentsdata, Company = CustomersGallery.Selected) from Customer contact list gallery etc please let me know, as at moment i am running that from shipment gallery 

Thanks 

PowerAddict
Level 10

You would need that on the shipment gallery because you want to filter the list of shipments based on the customer selected on the 1st screen.

I can help you solve the error if you can give me some more information. Is there a Company field on Shipments that stores the customer record it is related to? Can you also share a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Hardit(Haman)
Ramole

Hi

I have app called shipment which stores all shipments the customer details getting from another data or place called customer contacts, yes i have company field from another data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 318 members 5,947 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: