cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pladavm
Level 8

HTML Text Input Connect to Data Source

Hi I am building a powerapp for my inbox. It goes like this:

1. MS Flow: Trigger: New Email Received Action: Input Email Data into Common Data Model

I would like the powerapp to connect to the Common Data Model so I can view my emails from the PowerApp. However when it creates the powerapps the email body is using the normal text input function and not the HTML text input function.

How do I correct the above? Thanking you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HTML Text Input Connect to Data Source

Hi @pladavm

I am not sure I understand your problem maybe some pictures from your app would help.

If you are connected to your CDS and pull the email information from there. You are saying that it puts the email body into a text label and does not display HTML correctly?

If that is the case then just add HTML text control and link it to the email body variable.

1.png

pladavm
Level 8

Hey @Anonymous thank you for your reply.

Below are screenshots. How do I get HTML Text Input in the DataCard5 it only allows Text Input? And if I manually add a HTML Text Input Control how do I get Inbox Collection v2 to show up in the options?
IC.pngIC2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add HTML text into a data card. To do so.

Select the data card where you want to add the HTML, click on Insert (in the Ribbon), select Text -> HTML text. This will add HTML into your data card.

6.png

Now select the HTML text and change its HTML text function to your email body.

7.png

pladavm
Level 8

Hey @Anonymous thanks for the reply. The issue is "thisitem" is not connected to a data source so I get the follow error. How do I connect the HTMLText2 control to a data source? Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

IC3.png

pladavm
Level 8

OK so I did some playing around and got it working. But I am still confused as to how it connected to the data source automatically only when I had selected the text control to replace first and then did insert - html text

IC4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,198)