cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
achi
Level: Powered On

Hack: Mass Change Form Fields (Select all DatacardValues and DataCardKeys in Form to mass change them)

Hi all

Did you ever think, it would be handy to multi-select all DataCardValues & DataCardKeys in a Form at once?

I accidentally found an easy hack to make this happen:

1. Select the form

2. Change Layout from Horizontal to Vertical (or vice versa)

3. Hit once the Undo icon.

4. Done!

This makes all DataCardValues and DataCardKeys beeing selected. Now you can easily mass change the available propertys, e.g. link fontsize to first DataCard in your form or do whatever you need. It does not work for all type of controls (e.g. dropdowns) but at least for textinput & their label.

You can even deselect the ones you don't want to be selected using the CTRL-Key while clicking. (e.g. select only keys, only values)

btw: the undo trick might help you as well after having resized the App Screen size (which resizes all controls in the app proportionally) to make the controls having the sizing as before the screen resize...

Hope this can help you as well!

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
achi

Re: Hack: Select all DatacardValues and DataCardKeys in Form to mass change them

My original post is the solution, unfortunately i cannot mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Hack: Select all DatacardValues and DataCardKeys in Form to mass change them

Thanks for sharing the tip!

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
DeeTronSEAM

@achi  THAT is the BEST hack I've learned of in 2019.  I owe you a beer....keg!  Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!!!!!!

achi

My original post is the solution, unfortunately i cannot mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,799)