cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbarber
Level 8

Height of datacards in SP List Custom Form

Hello,

Quite new to PowerApps - I've looked around for an answer and haven't found it, hence the post.

I'm trying to create a simple customized form from a single SharePoint List. Well, the data cards are comically large but for some reason I can't adjust their height property.  I've unlocked each card and have tried changing the height value, but the changes are not reflected...what am I missing? Thanks in advance...

2017-12-20_09h27_35.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kbarber
Level 8

Re: Height of datacards in SP List Custom Form

Hello @karthi & @v-monli-msft,

I discovered a straight-forward way to shrink the datacard height inside a SP Custom Form.  

Within each datacard are a number of controls.  Each of the controls can be resized and/or moved to "make room" for a downsizing of the datacard height property. The Errormessage control was the main culprit in preventing a reduction in height of the corresponding datacard. Once I moved and resized everything, I could decrease the datacard height.  So, the datacard height is contingent on the height and locations of the controls it contains, which makes sense...

2018-01-08_16h10_48.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kbarber,

What is the layout of your app? A phone layout or tablet layout? I have just tried both, and both data cards of EditForm and DisplayForm are able to change the height whether by dragging with mouse or changing the formula of Height property.

1.png2.png

Please try to change the Height property of data cards to test if this works.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kbarber
Level 8

Thanks for the reply @v-monli-msft.

In case you're using the word "app" in the technical sense, I must remind you that I am working on a customized form from a SharePoint list - maybe this matters, I don't know...

2017-12-21_08h08_33customform.png

I have already tried adjusting the Height property value for all of the datacards within the form, but it seems there is minimum value that I cannot surpass. I can make the cards bigger, but not smaller (to a point).  Here is the Height property set at 182:

2017-12-21_08h03_23182.png

And adjusted to 120, but no change is reflected on the screen:

2017-12-21_08h04_23120.png

Again, I can increase the size...here is 320:

2017-12-21_08h14_29321.png

When opening the form from the Sharepoint list, the datacards appear unnecessarily tall, and scrolling is required when only 4 values are required for the user to fill out.  So, obviously, I'd like to shrink things down a bit.

thanks again,

- Kurt

kbarber
Level 8

@v-monli-msft,

I just got an email asking if my issue has been resolved - I still don't know why I am unable to shrink the datacards on my customized form any smaller than the default height values upon creation of the form.  As you can see in the screenshots above, editing the height property values only works when increasing the height, but not when decreasing, unfortunately.

Thank you,

- Kurt

karthi
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-monli-msft Michael,

Im also facing the same issue in Sharepoint Customize form.

kbarber
Level 8

Hello @karthi & @v-monli-msft,

I discovered a straight-forward way to shrink the datacard height inside a SP Custom Form.  

Within each datacard are a number of controls.  Each of the controls can be resized and/or moved to "make room" for a downsizing of the datacard height property. The Errormessage control was the main culprit in preventing a reduction in height of the corresponding datacard. Once I moved and resized everything, I could decrease the datacard height.  So, the datacard height is contingent on the height and locations of the controls it contains, which makes sense...

2018-01-08_16h10_48.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
FTWindows
Level: Power Up

I have been fighting to figure this out for hours. Never occured to me to look for hidden elements withing the card. In my case it was the 'ErrorMessage' object. Thanks!

arulfrances

Hi @kbarber,

Thanks a lot for pointing out the exact solution for the problem. Your suggestion worked for me.

Thanks and Regards,

Arul Frances S

Ian004

Hi,

I am having the same problem but I have no 'hidden' elements - I deleted the error message and the star visable element.  On the left side of the screen, under the card name I only have the two elements I list next.  I have a label field (Height 48 in both properties and Advanced) and a toggle (Height 38 in both properties and Advanced).  The card shows a height of 320 in the properties and in the Advanced it shows a height of 68 (Which is what I want).   If I try to use the mouse to make the card shorter, nothing happens.  If I change the 320 in the properties to 68, nothing changes and the number reverts back to 320.

Any help would be so appreciated as I am almost ready to fire my laptop through a window!!!  🙂

Thanks

Ian

arulfrances

Hi Ian,

Can you please check whether previously added datacard elements are preventing your size change of the elements?

As a work around, you can try dragging the handle manually to see whether the data card element is changed.

Please try sharing the screenshot of your issue for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards,

Arul Frances

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 330 members 3,481 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: