cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunilRatna
Level: Powered On

Help - Inspection App - Sharepoint + Images?

Hi all, 

I hope you are well. I'm currently working on a site inspection app whereby a user will inspect a property with a checklist. I've developed a rough-app which is connected to a SharePoint List and each question is a new column within that list. When I create a new inspection it will create a new record within that list.

At the moment, getting the text data from the PowerApp to the list is working all fine. The only issue I'm really stuck on is uploading a picture that specific column record. Is there an effective way to do this or any alternatives? 

I know that you can attach photos as Attachments on the whole record, however, I want to be able to upload an image to that specific question alongside a comment. 

I look forward to hearing from you all! 

Thanks 

SR

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Help - Inspection App - Sharepoint + Images?

Hi @SunilRatna 

One option would be to upload images to a seperate library and map it with the item ID and the specifc column 

Then in PowerApps you can query this library to show the related images for the specific columns

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @SunilRatna ,

To better understand your issue:

1. Where do you want to update images to? Qusetion column?

2. What is data type of Question column?

3. Do you want to update both images and text comments into that column?

Sharepoint don't support the column that contains both images and text yet, so it is hard to do what your want directly. What we can do now is to use flow to upload the image url to SP list.

If you would llike this feature to be added, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Sik

Highlighted
SunilRatna
Level: Powered On

Hi @RezaDorrani , 

Thanks for getting back in touch! Another question then, providing that I go ahead with this method, would I be able to export the whole form & data to a word doc/pdf? 

I look forward to hearing from you 

Thanks! 

SR

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 5,942 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: