cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcchief
Level: Powered On

Help with Hyperlink

I've built a contact manager from an Excel spreadsheet hosted on OneDrive for Business. I had PowerApps build the app automatically and customized it from there.  I've gotten everything to work as needed but one thing.  Where I have a Web Site address, I can't seem to make that into a launchable Hyperlink.  

In the spreadsheet, there is a colum for Web Site.  The data in that column is simply a URL, ie. http://www.google.com.  In the App, it created a Data Card for that field with two Labels, DataCardValue38 and DataCardKey38. DataCardKey38 is the label saying "Web Page" and DataCardValue38 is the text that shows... example http://www.google.com - It's simply static text and not a Hyperlink and its not selectable.  For the DataCardValue38, I did add OnSelect = Launch (Web_x0020_Page).  When I run the program, it is still simple non-selectable text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
bean
Level 8

Re: Help with Hyperlink

Heya, 

I've replicated what you've got there. To get it to work, simply click on the whole datacard, and change it's DisplayMode from DisplayMode.view to DisplayMode.Edit.

Let me know how you get on.

Sean

designAV

Thanks for this - I've been struggling with this for a while! One more issue you might be able to help me with - is it possible to get the links to be blue and underlined, so they look like links? They currently work as live links but they are plain black text so don't look like clkckable links to the user

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @designAV,

Take a try to switch to HTMLText control.

HTML text control in PowerApps

Which allows you to cutomize the Text with HTML Label.

@mcchief,

Could you please share your current situation?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bean
Level 8

@designAV

Don't worry about using an html label. Just use your regular one. To make it underlined, highlight the text in the text box, and press ctrl+u. To make it blue, go to the properties tab and and find color - change it to blue.

Sean

mcchief

Hi Michael,

I am still unable to get the hyperlink function working in the Detail Screen using the DataCard.  You can see in the screenshot below where the data is and what I'm trying to do with it.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

screenshot1.jpg

Highlighted
MarcLippens

Try this one:

launch(datacardvalueXX)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,772)