cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaredKing
Level: Powered On

Here's a suggestion - save my work before closing my @#*&^$% session

Your sesssion has been ended. 3 hours of work unsaved. Yet last night, autosaves galore. What year is this.

5 REPLIES 5
JRaasumaa
Level 10

Re: Here's a suggestion - save my work before closing my @#*&^$% session

@JaredKing wrote:

Your sesssion has been ended. 3 hours of work unsaved. Yet last night, autosaves galore. What year is this.

That's definitely one of those basic features many of us have been asking for this past year or so and it's just not a priority for this beta test of PowerApps we all seem to be a part of. 

Every other software product on the planet asks to save before closing, yet this doesn't, basically have to treat it like an old Windows 98 software program and save every few minutes just to ensure things don't crash and disappear. I feel your frustrations!

JaredKing

So sorry it happened to you too my friend. I couldn't believe it.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JaredKing,

Thanks for your feedback.

It is recommended to post this in the PowerApps idea forum.

Or vote up the following one:

Autosave on the web editor

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Autosave-on-the-web-editor/idi-p/41658

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JaredKing

Voted, although i wouldnt think it needed votes, its probably core functionality/good development practice. 

mr-dang
Level 10

Recently I had encountered a pitfall that I kind of caused myself--sharing here so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

I was editing an app in Chrome and pressing Ctrl+S and tapping 'Save to Computer' regularly. Thinking things had been saved, I decided to close the app and reopen it to keep the session fresh and make sure my files are working.

Unfortunately, nothing had been saving when I had been clicking 'Save to Computer'. Apparently, I had clicked the save button too fast at one point that Chrome asked me if I was okay downloading multiple files from the website--a dialog I had apparently rejected. And therefore, downloads had been blocked.

O_O

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,178)