cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MGMcAllister
Level: Powered On

Hey guys I transferred over an infopath file into Office 365 so I can creat ea Power App of iit

All looked good except no matter how I try to add an edit form, played with the code, The form fields remall remainl uneditable except for one? What gives?

I've tried so many ways including forumulas. Is the original infopath the root?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hey guys I transferred over an infopath file into Office 365 so I can creat ea Power App of iit

Hi @MGMcAllister thank you for your post. In reviewing similar posts I found this:

"Since PowerApps is reading in the columns from SharePoint it will only allow you to update the ones that are that are editable in SharePoint. Are the dataCards that are view only related to columns in SharePoint that aren't updatable through the UI?"

Here is the full thread, although it has not been accepted as a solution - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Edit-Form-Field-only-certain-data-cards-have-...

Please review and update the thread with any other information on the issue so I can have my Product Team take a look. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Hey guys I transferred over an infopath file into Office 365 so I can creat ea Power App of iit

Hi @MGMcAllister,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to create an app based on your infopath file?

Further, do you want to transfer an InfoPath form into a PowerApps form?

If you want to transfer an InfoPath form into a PowerApps form, please check and see if the following videos would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm1cbnfw_yM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohQcxcVZSK4

Currently, there is no direct way to transfer InfoPath form into a PowerApps form directly through InfoPath file. You need to re-build a PowerApps app based on the InfoPath form. Please check above video resources for more details.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MGMcAllister

Hello and thank you.
Actually I created a PowerApp using data via Connections > SharePoint and an Infopath Form on my SP Online.

I was able to make a Data Table and access the InfoPath fields into PowerApp.
I also made the title a link to another Screen and added an EditForm.
However, in the edit form only one field is editable.  Is there anyway to make the othet fields editable too?

I have read that it may be inheriting the "read only" permissions from the Infopath form but I don't recall making any of them read only. If they are ready only in Infopath where else may they be toggled to be that way because I have checked every field and none of them have "ready only" toggled.
In any event, is there anyway I can make those fields in PowerApp "editable" manually?

Thank you again.

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @MGMcAllister thank you for your post. In reviewing similar posts I found this:

"Since PowerApps is reading in the columns from SharePoint it will only allow you to update the ones that are that are editable in SharePoint. Are the dataCards that are view only related to columns in SharePoint that aren't updatable through the UI?"

Here is the full thread, although it has not been accepted as a solution - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Edit-Form-Field-only-certain-data-cards-have-...

Please review and update the thread with any other information on the issue so I can have my Product Team take a look. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

MGMcAllister

Thank you v-xida-msft for those links they are really useful.
I am floored on how awesome everyone here is.

Thank you!

MGMcAllister

Thank you TopShelf-MSFT. You lead me to the right direction.

I had to go to InfoPath, File > Form Options > Property Promotion > "Select" Column Name > Modify > then Check the checkbox "Allow users to edit in this field by using a datasheet or properties page". Then repubish.

Cheers Lads!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 407 members 5,508 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: