Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Onebadterran
Level: Power Up

Hide Gallery Item in HelpDesk Training App

Hi!

I am learning PowerApps and currently I cannot seem to figure out how to hide gallery items in the example app HelpDesk. I am trying to hide all Completed tickets from all users in the app without deleting them from SharePoint Online and have had no success with Rules or with Filter.

This is what I currently have in the MyTicketsScreenGallery but it doesn't seem to accept it:

MyTicketsScrrenGallery.AllItems=Filter(AllTickets, MyTicketsScreenGalleryStatus.Text<>"COMPLETED")

I am not sure I am even looking in the right place given I just started so any assistance is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Hide Gallery Item in HelpDesk Training App

Hi @Onebadterran,

Where do you put your Filter formula within the Gallery control?

Do you want to put your Filter formula within the AllItems property of the Gallery?

Based on the operation that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. Currently, within PowerApps, we could not assign a value to the AllItems property of the Gallery directly.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:2.JPG

Set the Items property of the MyTicketsScreenGallery to following:

Filter(TicketList, TaskStatus <> "COMPLETED") /* <-- TicketList represents the Collection to store the submitted ticket record in my app */

On your side, you should type:

Filter(AllTickets, TaskStatus <> "COMPLETED")

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Onebadterran,

Where do you put your Filter formula within the Gallery control?

Do you want to put your Filter formula within the AllItems property of the Gallery?

Based on the operation that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. Currently, within PowerApps, we could not assign a value to the AllItems property of the Gallery directly.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:2.JPG

Set the Items property of the MyTicketsScreenGallery to following:

Filter(TicketList, TaskStatus <> "COMPLETED") /* <-- TicketList represents the Collection to store the submitted ticket record in my app */

On your side, you should type:

Filter(AllTickets, TaskStatus <> "COMPLETED")

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for creating this thread @Onebadterran. Can you review the workaround suggested by @v-xida-msft and advise if it solves your issue?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT

RobN
Level: Powered On

I know this is marked as solved, however tried the suggestion and get an error with the context.

notworking.png

Is there something I am missing?  And does it affect the app at all to remove the default that was there?  Which is;

If(isAdmin,Sort(AllTickets,Created,Descending),Sort(Filter(AllTickets,Author.Email = MyProfile.Mail || Author.Claims = MyProfile.UserPrincipalName ),Created,Descending))

Thanks!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RobN 

The default app does not have any collection called "AllTickets"

This is what I changed the default to and it worked

If(isAdmin,Sort(TicketList,Id,Descending),Sort(Filter(TicketList,Author = MyProfile.Mail && TaskStatus<>"COMPLETED" ),Id,Descending))

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

RobN
Level: Powered On

Thanks Reza,

I get a ton of format errors with that though, did you just ignore them?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 275 members 5,290 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: