cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjdshp
Level: Powered On

Highlight form field if different than previous form by X%.

You may recognize a continuation on a this app we are building.  We are collecting daily readings for 200+ values in a large flat file.  I would like a method to highlight the value the operator enters if it varies from the previous daily ready by some percentage, say 10%.  

I have found this reference, but it would require for me to write this on all 200+ fields and edit the referenced column name.  Is there a way I can perform this for all fields by referencing the fields data field name dynamically so I can use the same code on each field? 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Compare-ThisItem-vs-Column/td-p/4378 

Alternatively, I would be good with creating a new collection of only the columns with values that are significantly different than the prior reading using forall.  I would then just display the table with a preference of a vertical orientation (see other post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/transform-view-of-data-table/m-p/211544#M6752...)

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Highlight form field if different than previous form by X%.

It sounds like you want to apply conditional formatting to each value. 

• You want to compare a given reading to the previous day's reading and color it if it varies by a certain amount.
  • You want to reuse a formula for conditional formatting since you have >200 values to configure
  • You would be open to creating a new collection
bjdshp
Level: Powered On

Re: Highlight form field if different than previous form by X%.

Correct, that is a summary of my goal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 315 members 6,407 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: