cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwrappr01
Level: Powered On

How can I filter by a SharePoint People Picker?

I have a People Picker in SharePoint and am trying to filter my list results to only show the values corresponding to the current PowerApps user. My formula is as follows:

Filter(SPList,Person.Email = User().Email)

However, I am getting a delegation warning on the Email portion of Person.Email. What am I doing wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How can I filter by a SharePoint People Picker?

Hi @pwrappr01 

The person or group type column in SharePoint is a complex type field which is not delegable by design

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

(check delegation for complex types in link above)

At SPC 19, Microsoft did announce that Lookup, Choice and People fields will soon become delegable

Until then your best best would be to create a single line of text field and store the information of people picker column and run your filter aginst that column

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @pwrappr01 

The person or group type column in SharePoint is a complex type field which is not delegable by design

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

(check delegation for complex types in link above)

At SPC 19, Microsoft did announce that Lookup, Choice and People fields will soon become delegable

Until then your best best would be to create a single line of text field and store the information of people picker column and run your filter aginst that column

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

pwrappr01
Level: Powered On

@RezaDorrani, thank you for the information. Really helpful. Did MS give any indication on a timeline for making complex types delegable, or is it a "some time in the future"? I have a number of complex type scenarios.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@pwrappr01 

Here is a screen capture from SPC 2019

It states working on this year !!!

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pwrappr01 ,

If you faced a Delegation warning issue with your formula, it means that you could not delegate the data process to your SP list data source, instead, you could only process data locally within your app.

In default, you could only process 500 records at most locally. You could change the "Data row limit for Non-delegable queries" option to maximum value -- 2000, then you could process 2000 records at most locally.

If the amount of your SP List records is not more than 2000, you could ignore this warning issue.

If the amount of your SP List records is more than 2000, you could consider bulk-load your SP list reocrds into multiple separated collections in your app, then merge the multiple separated collections into single one collection. Then use the merged collection as data source in your app instead of the Original SP list data source.

Please check and see if the alternative solution mentioned within the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Pulling-in-large-ish-SQL-tables/m-p/243777#M7...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,867)