cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spawn10
Level: Powered On

How can I get to download pdf files that are housed in a SharePoint library?

I am new to PowerApps. I have a requirement to view and download files (pdfs) from a SharePoint Document Library. So far, I have created a gallery that is diplsying the content of the files in the library. I want to add a button to each entry that will allow the users to download the files...as in the screenshot attached.

I am clueless on how to use the 'Download" function to get the file from the SharePoint library. Or is there a better way to set this up, so that the users can download the files from SharePoint?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: How can I get to download pdf files that are housed in a SharePoint library?

There is not a Download a file in PowerApps. Sorry. You can use Launch(URLtoPDF) and then that will launch them into their default browser. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Highlighted
OneThing
Level 8

Re: How can I get to download pdf files that are housed in a SharePoint library?

Hi @Spawn10,

There are a couple of work arounds for sharepoint just now but the bottom line is that the PowerApp tries to connect to sharepoint anonymously and so sharepoint will block the attempt. you can get around this in 2 ways but none are particularly easy.

If the Files are held as attachments in a sharepoint list there is: https://wonderlaura.com/2018/08/30/powerapps-pdf-viewer/

and if they are in a Document Library you can use Flow: http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2017/09/29/its-not-a-proxy-its-a-floxy-a-way-to-display-sharepoint-...

I hope this helps

Nicky

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 93 members 5,237 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: