cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppei
Level 8

How can I save a customized form as a template?

I created a customized form based on a SharePoint list. Now I want to save the form as a template so I can use it to create another form. I can create SharePoint list template but it doesn't include the customized form. Anyone has any ideas how I can do it? I just don't want to create all my similar forms from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Pei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How can I save a customized form as a template?

Hi @ppei,

Sorry but so far you cannot save the SharePoint custom form as template in PowerApps. If it only contains the Form control, actually it's not very complicated to recreate the Form in other lists. In Form control, you only need to select the data source and then add the fields that you need by checking the check boxes.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ppei,

Sorry but so far you cannot save the SharePoint custom form as template in PowerApps. If it only contains the Form control, actually it's not very complicated to recreate the Form in other lists. In Form control, you only need to select the data source and then add the fields that you need by checking the check boxes.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ppei
Level 8

Thank you! But I wish MS can add this feature in future. It will actually take a lot of time to reproduce it if we have changed some settings (formulas, conditional formatting, etc.)

Highlighted
ProtivitiDan
Level: Powered On

I agree. There should be a way to save the customized forms, preferably with the list template. I need to create more than 10 lists for different audiences that have the same structure and the same forms. I have separate screens for the New, View, and Edit forms with customizations on each, so it's not a simple matter to just create a new form and attach it to the list data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,730)