cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warsongg00
Level: Powered On

Re: How can you know this info (sharepoint id of the list item to attach the file to.)? am trying to use flow sharepoint attachement

thanks for the help, am getting this error message,

Capture.PNG

This the code for my button:

Set(varJson,JSON(PenInput1.Image,JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData));Set(varJson,Mid(varJson,24,Len(varJson)-24));Patch(Consents,Defaults(Consents),{Title:DataCardValue41.Text,MacAddress:DataCardValue43.Text,SerialNumber:DataCardValue44.Text,EmployeeID:DataCardValue45.Text,ReportDate:DateValue1.SelectedDate,ScannedBy:DataCardValue51.Text});Signature.Run(varJson);

22.PNG

Highlighted
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: How can you know this info (sharepoint id of the list item to attach the file to.)? am trying to use flow sharepoint attachement

Because you are not using the SubmitForm function, therefore you cannot use the form1.LastSubmit.ID. Basically you have not submitted your form, so there is nothing in LastSubmit.

1- Instead of the Patch function, simply use SumbitForm(Form1). When you have simple forms like this, always use SubmitForm instead of the Patch function.

2- The second mistake is where you are passing the PenInput1 to your flow. you Created the JSON variable, you need to pass that variable as your File Content. In my example, I named my variable as glbMyPenInputSharePointAttachement4.PNG

View solution in original post

warsongg00

got big red message from my phone: the requested operation is invalid.

server response invalid URL:

then long random texts

Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

your Flow is not correct. You create the file within the Add Attachment action. you do not need a separate action of Create File.

it should look like thisSharePointAttachement7.PNG

View solution in original post

warsongg00

thanks alot for your time and help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,440)