cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlRosenthal
Level: Powered On

How do I get the current URL's query parameters in an embedded powerapp?

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to power apps so I'm not sure if this isn't something that can be done or if I'm just not looking for the right thing. 

The app I am currently building is embedded in a sharepoint page. I'm trying to use query parameters to navigate the power app to different screens and perform an action on the user id passed in. I've tested the functionality by going straight to the web link for the power app and things are working. I'm using the param function but from what I've read that is actually looking at the iframe's URL. Is there a way to tell the power app to look at the browsers URL instead of the iframe? 

A little more detail on the process, I am trying to acess the pwoer app from a link, this link will have the screen destination and a user id. Once the power app navigates I need to use the user id for some extra business logic. A lot of the suggestions I've seen are talking about adding the query parameters to the web link when I add the power app to the page. But that won't work for me as the user id's will constantly be different.

Any help would be appreciated 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How do I get the current URL's query parameters in an embedded powerapp?

Actually I don't think currently this is achieveable.

Please consider rise it as an idea.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As the param() function states:

"

The Param function retrieves a parameter passed to the app when it was launched. If the named parameter wasn't passed, Paramreturns blank.

"

Here we could only use the launch() to pass parameters to another App when launching it, within the Embedding scenario, there is no way that I am aware of to pass the URL parameter into the Embedding App.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 132 members 5,272 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: