SanAndresMan1
Level: Powered On

Re: Many Problems with my App

Ok, 

Your formula is trying to do two different things in one 🙂 Try this:

Set(
  SiteWeather, 
      MSNWeather.CurrentWeather(
           ComboBox1_1.SelectedItems.'Lat.' & "." & ComboBox1_1.SelectedItems.'Lon.', "Imperial")
);

Navigate('Current Weather', ScreenTransition.Fade);
Highlighted
Lmcginnis

I have been watching a lot of video's from ShaneYoung on youtube and others, and reading a lot.. this however is a steep learning curve for me.

That added with I do not have any dedicated time to do this, I just get what I can fit in while I am at work.

So it's hard for me to determine what functions are actually happening in the tutorials and video's and apply them to what I am doing... like they are using lables and not combo boxes, or the syntax calling a from a gallery is different from a a combobox or lable.. and even more when I see the use of datacards.. 

I have the layout I am using, and when I have to make major changes, to me anyways, of putting label inside a scrolling label.. 

this stuff blows my mind half the time, and it's probably entry level stuff. 😞

Super User
Super User

@Lmcginnis We were all where you are at one point.  The very best advice I can give you is START SMALL.  And pick a template app on a topic that resonates with you and study how they used the concepts to make it work.  When I created my first app, I took a template app and modified it to fit my purpose to display and update a single SP list.  Once I got that working, I added another list and built from there.  There is a TON a still don't understand or haven't touched yet, but that's OK.  Don't try to understand it all.  Focus on one small piece in one small app and get that working, then build on it.  I do a lot of things differently than I did a year ago.  The way I did it originally worked, but I have simply learned better ways as my skills and knowlege improved.  I learn something new virtually every day.  Don't try to eat the elephant whole... you'll digest it a lot better if you set your sights on just one small part.

Lmcginnis

I'm still getting 2 errors, invalid argument type ..expecting text, number, etc.

This is what I did to my gps tables .. 

If anyone knows how to get excel format lat and lon into gps correctly, maybe that would help?

Lat.Lon.GPS
39.569899-104.870117=CONCAT(L2, M2)

Lmcginnis

I dont want to sound rude, or anything that would be construde as disrepect..

But I beleieve that's what I'm doing, 

I've started this whole thing from scratch, and I've gotten this far... even doing the combo boxes and autopopulating information throughout the app was a milestone for me 🙂

Lmcginnis

Ongoing..

Now i have shifted gears to work on collecting information,

The new problem I have created for myself.. which I cannot find the answer to from searches.

So I have lables that have been populated from a dropdown box selection, getting data from an excel spread sheet.

I have multiple lables through out my app that populates this kind of data, and I need to save it along with the other data I am collecting on the pages.. 

How to collect from those labels and input that into my collection?

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,720)