cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
warsongg00
Level: Powered On

How do you display attachment in gallery?

Capture.PNG

i have sharepoint list with attachment column , anyone know how do i make the attachment show up?

there is no option in layout 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: How do you display attachment in gallery?

First let's start with this fact that you can have multiple files attached to one SharePoint record. because of this, you cannot bind the attachments to a single image control. Think about showing a table of attachments in one control, it's not possible. but certainly you can show the attachment(s) of a selected record, in a new gallery. Follow my example below:

1- Create one gallery for your SharePoint list, and create another gallery for your SharePointt attachments. align these two galleries side by side, or however you like to design your form.

2- Change the Item property of your second gallery to firstGalery.Selected.Attachments

attachements in gallery.PNG

------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @warsongg00 ,

Which kind of attachment did you store?

How many attachments did you store in each item?

It can be known that the type of Attachments is table, because multiple attachments can be stored in it.

If you have multiple attachments in each item, @Edwin-Abdalian 's work around is good enough to display all attachments.

If you just want to display the first attachments or each item only have single attachment, you can modify the image property as below:

First(ThisItem.Attachments).AbsoluteUri

please refer to the following image.

Annotation 2019-10-14 115957.png

Best regards,

Sik

2 REPLIES 2
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

First let's start with this fact that you can have multiple files attached to one SharePoint record. because of this, you cannot bind the attachments to a single image control. Think about showing a table of attachments in one control, it's not possible. but certainly you can show the attachment(s) of a selected record, in a new gallery. Follow my example below:

1- Create one gallery for your SharePoint list, and create another gallery for your SharePointt attachments. align these two galleries side by side, or however you like to design your form.

2- Change the Item property of your second gallery to firstGalery.Selected.Attachments

attachements in gallery.PNG

------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @warsongg00 ,

Which kind of attachment did you store?

How many attachments did you store in each item?

It can be known that the type of Attachments is table, because multiple attachments can be stored in it.

If you have multiple attachments in each item, @Edwin-Abdalian 's work around is good enough to display all attachments.

If you just want to display the first attachments or each item only have single attachment, you can modify the image property as below:

First(ThisItem.Attachments).AbsoluteUri

please refer to the following image.

Annotation 2019-10-14 115957.png

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,700)