cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccant
Level: Powered On

How does the App treats existing groups/containers when the experimental feature is turned off

Hi,

I was using the Service Desk template which has Groups in it. However, these are an experimental feature (which seems to be in the process of turning into Containers ). I am having some issues with my App hanging when clicking buttons or trying to navigate away from the page. As a result I want to turn off the Experimental feature to see if those are causing the issue.

My question is how the App treats existing groups/containers when the experimental feature is turned off. i.e. will it remember the functionality for those groups/containers (so my test of turning off the experimential feature won't be a true test) or will it make it look like those controls are there but all the functionality is turned off (so I will know whether it is the experimental feature that is an issue or not)? Or will it just cause wierd errors as the groups/containers are both on/off?

I hope that makes sense - it is hard to explain.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How does the App treats existing groups/containers when the experimental feature is turned off

Hi @ccant ,

Yeah, you are right. Turning off the "Container control" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app would not affect the existing Container control.

In other words, the existing Container control realistically isn't disabled until you remove all instances of that control.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How does the App treats existing groups/containers when the experimental feature is turned off

Hi @ccant ,

Could you please share a bit more about the experimental feature that you mentioned? Is it the "Container control" option within Advanced settings of App settings?

Do you want to check if the Groups control in your app would be affected when the "Container control" option is turned off within Advanced settings of App settings?

Further, do you add control withins the Container control?

Firstly, the "Container control" option is used to create a hierarchical layouts for responsiveness and accessibility, if you have already added some controls within the Container control (you have turned on the "Container control" option), when you turn off the "Container control" option, it would not affect the existig Container control.

If you turn off the "Container control" option within Advanced settings of App settings, the "Container (experimental)" control would disapperar under the Control list as below:2.JPG

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ccant

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

You are correct, I am meaning the Container Control option Advanced settings  (ExperimentalSettings) of App settings.  What I am wondering is if you switch it off in the Experimental settings then what happens to the Container Controls that you have already put into the PowerApp (I know it disappears from the list)? Likewise, now the group controls have been replaced by the Container Control then what happens to the Group controls already added to the App. 

Because the Group/Contain controls are no longer selectable from the list of controls then does that mean the code in-behind for these controls will eventually disappear - breaking the app? You mention it does not affect the existing control but does this effectively mean that if you disable the Container Control within the settings then it realistically isn't disabled until you remove all instances of that control?

Thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ccant ,

Yeah, you are right. Turning off the "Container control" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app would not affect the existing Container control.

In other words, the existing Container control realistically isn't disabled until you remove all instances of that control.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

ccant

Thank you @v-xida-msft, I appreciate your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,080)