cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanTambling
Level: Powered On

How long does it take when you change a field type in SP to be reflected in PowerApps?

I have an app i've been working on that is connected to a SP list. The List had several fields that were originally choice fields. I was having problems trying to sort a gallery by those choice fields so I decided to try and change the original SP list fields to be regular text fields. After changing the fields in SP, I reopened the PowerApp in edit mode and I got the expected errors on the choice fields I had changed to text fields. I had hoped that by removing the cards and adding them back, that the cards would then be filled with a text input box instead of the drop down selection box, but this is not the case. Does it take time for PowerApps to reflect all of the changes to the SP list? If so, how much? If not, then what is the solution other than removing the data connection from the form, and then adding the entire form back and having to reorganize the entire form? I'm just trying to midigate the amount of tedious clean up work if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How long does it take when you change a field type in SP to be reflected in PowerApps?

@SeanTambling 

Have you tried refreshing the datasource?  On the left-side menu locate the data source, click the 3 dots (...) and then choose Refresh.  Any time a Sharepoint list has changes to the columns/column types you'll need to do this.

I believe this is intentional in the design of PowerApps so that your app will not immediately break.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How long does it take when you change a field type in SP to be reflected in PowerApps?

Hi @SeanTambling 

When you change the fields in a SharePoint list, it's important to refresh the SharePoint data source in your app in order for it to recognise the changes. You can do this through the View > Data Sources menu item. Click the '..' menu item and select the Refresh option.

Once you refresh your data source, your app should recognise your changes.

Super User
Super User

@SeanTambling 

Have you tried refreshing the datasource?  On the left-side menu locate the data source, click the 3 dots (...) and then choose Refresh.  Any time a Sharepoint list has changes to the columns/column types you'll need to do this.

I believe this is intentional in the design of PowerApps so that your app will not immediately break.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,135)