cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IC
Level: Powered On

How to Lookup image from another SPList to add into another SPList

Hi Everyone,  I am new and learning with PowerApps and FLow.  I need information and guidance on how to achieved this.  I have one SPList named as Inventory with images of our office supplies.  And another SPList which named as Request, the items is looking up from the Inventory List .  I am using PowerApps to customized the forms.  I can add new items in Request List but I dont know how to view the images or show the images of the items that I am requesting and save it on the Request List.  Please show me how this is done.  Appreaciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

IAN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to Lookup image from another SPList to add into another SPList

Hi @IC,

So far upload images from PowerApps to SharePoint is not possible.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Submit-captured-image-to-SharePoint-List/idi-p/2...

You can actually display and upload images from OneDrive/OneDrive for Business using Excel table. Please take a look at below documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-images-to-excel

Follow the link, the app will upload all capture images to a folder in your OneDrive. Notice that one of your headers needs to have a name like Picture[image]. The important part of the name is [image]. The prefix does not matter. You use this column to add the images path like .\ImageFolderName\XXX.jpg

Example:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @IC,

May I know how did you create the lookup columns in Request list? Per my knowledge, when you create a lookup column, you cannot lookup from the Picture column type of another SharePoint list. The Picture column is not shown in the list to pick:

Capture.PNG

Since you should not even be able to do this from SharePoint site, then PowerApps won't work either.

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
IC

Hi Mona thanks for the reply. Yes you are right I created as List lookup (that all I know how 😃 ) which is I cannot see the picture.  Thanks for the explanation.  with this kind of project how can I do this?  I came across with a solution by using excel and with the image path then use it as a data source whic is able to see in PowerApps.  however, its like show/display only.  My intention when the user click on new It can see all the list of stationary with the image and it can save the request (with image) on Request List.  Is this possible?

Regards,

Ian

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @IC,

So far upload images from PowerApps to SharePoint is not possible.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Submit-captured-image-to-SharePoint-List/idi-p/2...

You can actually display and upload images from OneDrive/OneDrive for Business using Excel table. Please take a look at below documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-images-to-excel

Follow the link, the app will upload all capture images to a folder in your OneDrive. Notice that one of your headers needs to have a name like Picture[image]. The important part of the name is [image]. The prefix does not matter. You use this column to add the images path like .\ImageFolderName\XXX.jpg

Example:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

IC

Hi Mona,  Thank you for this one this will help.  I was able to try this by show/display screen only.  Is it possible to do this in Create screen?  I mean the picture will be uploaded/saved to the excel in one drive then the rest of the text/columns or data or info will be saved to SPList?

Regards,

Ian

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @IC,

You cannot have multiple data sources connect to the same EditForm, to achieve your requirement, you will need 2 editforms. One for OneDrive one for SharePoint list. You need to submit them separately. 

Regards,

Mona

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,162)