cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JimmyS
Level 8

How to Paste from clipboard in PowerApps

Sorry, if this is a noob question, but I cannot find any way to Paste anything in PowerApps for Windows. When I highlight anything in the formula bar, or in a field, I get an option to Copy. I can paste what I copied into OneNote or anywhere else, but when I select anything in PowerApps, formular bar, text field, etc., there is no Paste option. Only the same Copy option.

I just tried the web version of PowerApps, and it appears that I can Copy & Paste. Is this Windows version behavior for PowerApps  normal? And I doing something wrong?

I'm playing around with the PDF Viewer and/or links to PDF files that are stored on the web. So not having the ability to Paste is becomming a real nusiance.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mr-dang
Level 10

Re: How to Paste from clipboard in PowerApps

I'm able to copy and paste using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Using shortcut keys in Studio, I can copy and paste text and objects from screen to screen, app to app as long as it's the last thing on the clipboard. In the web-editor, I'm able to copy and paste text and objects within the app.

Here are known limitations of the clipboard:

• Objects copied in Studio cannot be pasted in the web-editor and vice versa.
  • Objects copied in the web-editor cannot be pasted in another instance of the web-editor.

I suggested a common clipboard a while back:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Common-Clipboard/idi-p/31115

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mr-dang
Level 10

I'm able to copy and paste using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Using shortcut keys in Studio, I can copy and paste text and objects from screen to screen, app to app as long as it's the last thing on the clipboard. In the web-editor, I'm able to copy and paste text and objects within the app.

Here are known limitations of the clipboard:

• Objects copied in Studio cannot be pasted in the web-editor and vice versa.
  • Objects copied in the web-editor cannot be pasted in another instance of the web-editor.

I suggested a common clipboard a while back:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Common-Clipboard/idi-p/31115

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

JimmyS
Level 8

Duh. I should known that. Thank you. I guess seing the Copy command when I right clicked had me ass u ming that copy/paste was in there somewhere. This had made my life much easier.

fless1
Level: Powered On

Is there any way to copy and paste from formula bar?

I'm fed up having a long set of commands in here then due to redesigning, having to snip the contents then type them all in again in another control's settings

mr-dang
Level 10

@fless1, I'm not sure I understand your question and context. Are Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working for you in the formula bar?

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
fless1

Correct. Not working at all on web version of studio
mr-dang
Level 10

@fless1 can you provide more information like what browser you're in and what steps you're taking? 

Copy + Paste is working for me in the formula bar in Edge and Chrome. 

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
fless1

Ok. I’m using IE11 on Win10 64bit

I’ll try chrome. Thanks
hjaf

makes no difference in chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) (mac os x)

awesome stuff when you use an editor to change large selection only to find that its not possible to put the code back.. Robot Mad

had this problem on chrome and IE @ windows 7 as well.

clipcorruption.gif

Edit: just realized that this is powerapps, this post was suggested while creating a post about this issue in flow. perhaps the issue applies here as well. I can imagine lot of the same code is used in both editors 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,929)