cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

How to Require a Specific User to Enter New Custom Connector Credentials?

I have a new app with 3 Custom Connectors. Users are required to login to each Custom Connector with DOMAIN\Username. Many users are making the mistake of not typing the DOMAIN\ as part of their loginThus they are getting errors "...unable to parse username..".

How do I require a NEW Connection for a particular User?

So far i've tried:

• Unsharing/Resharing the Custom Connectors with the particular user
    • This does not prompt the user to login to the Custom Connector again
  • Disconnecting all Custom Connectors/Save App/Publish App/Reconnect all Custom Connectors/Save App/re-Publish App
    • This results in ALL users being prompted to "Allow" the Custom Connectors.
    • On the Allow popup, there is an option to "Switch Account" where user can Re-Login to each
    • Unfortunately, this is not a good UX for everyone else who is able to login just fine

Thoughts? 

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to Require a Specific User to Enter New Custom Connector Credentials?

I've been meaning to circle around and post the solution I found. Thanks for the followup @TopShelf-MSFT

Authors do NOT have to delete Custom Connectors/save/publish/add Custom Connectors/save/publish. 

New findings: 

• USERS, just like app AUTHORS can visit web.powerapps.com, click Data/Connections then delete and recreate Connections on their own. 
  • Takes some training, but it IS possible without the heartache of killing all connections.

Would LOVE to see a way for app authors (or the "Help Desk") to be able to reset these connections and force a relogin for users. I wonder if the PowerApps PowerShell cmdlets can do this? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Bump

Super User
Super User

Bump

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @ericonline I haven't been able to find a specific solution for you in the community. I'm going to bump this in the hopes another user can assist. 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I've been meaning to circle around and post the solution I found. Thanks for the followup @TopShelf-MSFT

Authors do NOT have to delete Custom Connectors/save/publish/add Custom Connectors/save/publish. 

New findings: 

• USERS, just like app AUTHORS can visit web.powerapps.com, click Data/Connections then delete and recreate Connections on their own. 
  • Takes some training, but it IS possible without the heartache of killing all connections.

Would LOVE to see a way for app authors (or the "Help Desk") to be able to reset these connections and force a relogin for users. I wonder if the PowerApps PowerShell cmdlets can do this? 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 282 members 4,724 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: