cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS2
Level 8

How to Reset to NewForm when you have Default Values

I have a PowerApp with a SP List behind it, but also 10 fields that pull from a Azure SQL Database. 

When a user clicks the "+" button to create a new record, they type in an invoice number, search the SQL DB to find it, and once found, this pulls in the other 9 fields from the SQL Database. On the Datacard for each of these fields, under "Default" I have a formula that reflects the selected invoice number and the column - in this sample it is the invoice number: selectedInvoice.Invoice_x0020_Number

All 10 fields have the default value set as the "selectedInvoice"."SQLColumn" 

When the Form is submitted, the values all save back to the SP list, which is as desired.

However, when I then go to add another record, the 10 "default" SQL values are already populated, which I don't want, I want a true reset Form. 

On the Submit icon under OnSelect I have: SubmitForm(Form1);ResetForm(Form1)

On the "+" icon for adding a new record on OnSelect, I have: NewForm(Form1);Navigate(InputScreen)

No matter what I am trying, I can't seem to get the NewForm without those 10 default SQL values. 

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
DS2
Level 8

Re: How to Reset to NewForm when you have Default Values

I was able to reset the Form with the help of a few PowerApps gurus. In the OnSelect, set this:

SubmitForm(Form1);
Set(
selectedInvoice,
Blank()
);
ResetForm(Form1);

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DS2 ,

Did you mean that you want to create records for SharePoint list, but you want to use the data from Azure SQL database? 

Usually, the Default property of data cards inside edit form is:

ThisItem.SharePointListColumnName

But in your case, you said that you are using "selectedInvoice.Invoice_x0020_Number". Which one is the data source of this Form control? One Form can only have one data source, and using SubmitForm will only update record to this data card. You cannot have Azure SQL database set as the data source of Form control, then use SubmitForm control to update data to SharePoint list.

Sorry but I didn't fully understand what you mean by "default value set as the "selectedInvoice"."SQLColumn". When the Form is submitted, the values all save back to the SP list"? If Default property is set to SQL column, then even if you reset the Form control, it should still be reset back to Default property which is SQL column.

Please help to explain more details about this app, maybe with some sample data of the related data sources. Some screenshots would be even better. 

Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DS1
Level: Powered On

Thank you @v-monli-msft ! Here is how the App works:

1. Click the "Plus" sign to open a screen with Form1 - to enter a new record.
  2. The Input Screen Opens, with Form1
  3. We have 10 Fields that pull from Azure Sql and the others are pulling from a SharePoint List:
    (I have attached the picture as I can't seem to add an image)
  4. Once we add the Invoice Number, the 9 other SQL fields appear.
  5. We click the Save Icon, and all is saved to SharePoint with no problem and we are brought to the home screen in the PowerApp
  6. We then Click the "Plus" sign to open a screen with Form1 - to enter another new record
  7. The 10 default fields from SQL are present in the New Form. Reset Form does not work because we have default fields set. 

DS2
Level 8

Did my info help? Is there any guidance on this? Thanks!
Highlighted
DS2
Level 8

I was able to reset the Form with the help of a few PowerApps gurus. In the OnSelect, set this:

SubmitForm(Form1);
Set(
selectedInvoice,
Blank()
);
ResetForm(Form1);

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,959)