cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YarneDS
Level: Power Up

How to add events to a phone's calendar

I want to create an Event app which shows a list of Events. When you press the "Add to calendar" button, the calendar app from the phone should open and it should add the event to the calendar on the right time and date.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to add events to a phone's calendar

Hi @YarneDS 

It is currently not supported in PowerApps to open one of the native apps directly.

Maybe, you can connect to Google/SharePoint calendar and create an event directly on the button press.

If you think direct interaction with the calendar app should be added as a functionality, please raise an idea on below mentioned link so that it could be added as a feature in upcoming releases.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: How to add events to a phone's calendar

Hi @YarneDS 

It is currently not supported in PowerApps to open one of the native apps directly.

Maybe, you can connect to Google/SharePoint calendar and create an event directly on the button press.

If you think direct interaction with the calendar app should be added as a functionality, please raise an idea on below mentioned link so that it could be added as a feature in upcoming releases.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,343)