cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tissanfr
Level: Power Up

How to build a simple app to fill a Sharepoint List ?

Hello !

Beginner here, I hope the questions are not too silly.

I would like to build a very simple app to fill a Sharepoint list. The list exists, with its default form, but I would prefer to provide an app. The need is very simple, we only need to show the form, not the answers. From the Sharepoint list, I can customize the form, but it's not for a standalone app, from what I understood. From PowerApp, I can create an app based on the Sharepoint List, but it's showing the list of items by default. What would be the easiest way to build this app plz ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_douglasromao
Level: Powered On

Re: How to build a simple app to fill a Sharepoint List ?

Hi @tissanfr ,

You can create on the Home screen a form connected to the list that you want to fill and on the OnVisible of this page (or on the OnStart in the app) you call the following function: NewForm(YourFormName), with this statement, everytime that the page loads or the app starts it will show the form in the new mode.

After this, you can add a Button on the page that will contain the function SubmitForm(YourFormName) on the OnSelect property, that will be responsible for submitting the data that you filled on the form to the SharePoint list.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
_douglasromao

Hi @tissanfr ,

You can create on the Home screen a form connected to the list that you want to fill and on the OnVisible of this page (or on the OnStart in the app) you call the following function: NewForm(YourFormName), with this statement, everytime that the page loads or the app starts it will show the form in the new mode.

After this, you can add a Button on the page that will contain the function SubmitForm(YourFormName) on the OnSelect property, that will be responsible for submitting the data that you filled on the form to the SharePoint list.

View solution in original post

tissanfr

Great, thanks for the very fast answer, it's working fine ! In fact from the list, if I create an app, there is the screen with the form. I have deleted the two other screens, checked your instructions (it was already properly set), deleted a couple of settings related to the removed screens, and it's working fine. I need to customize it a bit more, it's showing a "getting your data" blank screen after submission. But I already have a working app, so thank you for showing me the right direction !

_douglasromao

@tissanfr Nice!

You can add the NewForm(YourFormName) after the submit action, it will open the form to be filled again 🙂

tissanfr

Creating a new screen, I saw the "Success" template, and used it, so it's looking good. The only weird thing is when I click the "reset" button at the top left corner, it's set to "ResetForm()", but I still get this "getting your data" message on a blank screen. Should I force a screen navigation ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,742)