cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
patty789
Level: Powered On

How to change DataTable column to display Yes or No when the data type on list is a yes/no

Hello,

I am using a DataTable to display data from my datasource, howerver i have a column that is a Yes/No data type but it is showing a check mark and i want it to display as a yes or no. I am displaying how it looks like. Any suggestions? pic 17.JPG

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to change DataTable column to display Yes or No when the data type on list is a yes/no

Hi @patty789 ,

Did you make sure that your data source is SharePoint list? I just tested with SharePoint Yes or No column and by default it shows as below in a data table control:

Capture.JPG

Try to delete this field from data table and add it again to test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: How to change DataTable column to display Yes or No when the data type on list is a yes/no

You can remove the check box and just put in a label and put =If(ThisItem.ColumnName=true, "Yes","No")

There are a few ways you can do basically the same way but this is a quick and easy way. 

patty789

@rebeccas Thank you for your reply howerver i am unable to remove the check mark as it is pulling straight from the datasource. 

I am using a combo box to filter and using the DataTable to diplay based on the address. I tired to go to the Text property of the column and modify it there but it does not take the change it still shows as a checkmark. If(ThisItem.ColumnName = true, "Yes", "No")

Super User
Super User

Sorry...I didn't catch the "Data Table" part that you had clear as day..lol. 

I don't think there is a way to change that in there. Only two options I know would be to change your column to a text and then control where it gets put in to allow only Yes/No to go in (by using a control) but where it is stored as text or to use a gallery instead of the data table. 

You can make a gallery do just about anything a data table can with alot more customizing options. That is the route I would take if it were me. Best of luck!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @patty789 ,

Did you make sure that your data source is SharePoint list? I just tested with SharePoint Yes or No column and by default it shows as below in a data table control:

Capture.JPG

Try to delete this field from data table and add it again to test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

patty789

@v-monli-msft Thank you for your response. I end it up changing the column in the SharePoint list to a choice type and that worked for me. I had it as a YES/NO type in the sharepoint list. Thank you for all your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 356 members 6,401 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: