cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
loganpd
Level: Powered On

How to connect a date picker to a field?

I can't figure out how to get the value in a date field to save in a form. I understand how to edit a data card and replace a standard text box with a data card, but I cannot get the date to save. I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I can't figure it out.

Attached are pictures of the date picker and the advanced options screen associated with the data card.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to connect a date picker to a field?

Hi @loganpd

The first problem I can see is that .text isn't a valid property of a date picker control. Therefore, I'd suggest changing the Update property of DataCard1 to DatePicker7.SelectedDate

I'd also clear the AllowedValues property of DataCard1 to see if that clears the second warning. Otherwise, hover the mouse over the exclamation point icon and post the error message here. Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

In general, a data card contains a data input control, a field label, and possibly a label that displays validation errors. Assuming that you deleted the text input control that was originally on the card, the other labels on the card may still refer to the original text input control (for example, the Y co-ordinate property of the error message label). If you click the 'invalid name' exclamation icon, it should display the formula where the error occurs. You can then replace the name of the original text input control with the name of your date picker control.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @loganpd

The first problem I can see is that .text isn't a valid property of a date picker control. Therefore, I'd suggest changing the Update property of DataCard1 to DatePicker7.SelectedDate

I'd also clear the AllowedValues property of DataCard1 to see if that clears the second warning. Otherwise, hover the mouse over the exclamation point icon and post the error message here. Hope that helps.

loganpd

Your first suggestion worked. Thank you!! I still have one of the error messages. It doesn't seem to affect saving the date. See the attached picture. It says "invalid name".

I cleared the allowed values box as well.

Super User
Super User

In general, a data card contains a data input control, a field label, and possibly a label that displays validation errors. Assuming that you deleted the text input control that was originally on the card, the other labels on the card may still refer to the original text input control (for example, the Y co-ordinate property of the error message label). If you click the 'invalid name' exclamation icon, it should display the formula where the error occurs. You can then replace the name of the original text input control with the name of your date picker control.

loganpd

Thank you @timl. That worked just as you described.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 250 members 5,189 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: