cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a column chart

Hello,

I'm very new to PowerApps and I've searched through the forums, but I couldn't figure it out. Created a column chart by using Collections at first and thought I worked it out, but found out later that Collections disappear upon closing the app. 

I'm trying to make a chart with rates on the y axis and companies on the x axis from an excel online sheet on Sharepoint. What's the best way to go about doing this? or is there a better alternative to using column charts. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to create a column chart

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to create a Column Chart based on your Excel table stored in your SP Library?

If you want to create a Column Chart based on your Excel table stored in your SP Library, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. Currently, within PowerApps, creating a connection to a Excel file stored in a SP Library from an app is not supported.

As an alternative solution, you could consider store your Excel file (which has been formatted as a Table) into your OneDrive folder (or Dropbox etc), and then you could create a conection to this Excel file from your app.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

2.JPG

In addition, if you want to group your Table records by Company column, and show total Rate/hr value for each company within the Column Chart, please consider take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

Set the Items property of the ColumnChart1 control to following:

AddColumns(
GroupBy(Table1,"Company","GroupData"),
"Rate/hr(Sum)",
Sum(GroupData, 'Rate/hr')
)

More details about adding a connection within an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-data-connection

More details about the Column Chart control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-column-line-chart

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to create a Column Chart based on your Excel table stored in your SP Library?

If you want to create a Column Chart based on your Excel table stored in your SP Library, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. Currently, within PowerApps, creating a connection to a Excel file stored in a SP Library from an app is not supported.

As an alternative solution, you could consider store your Excel file (which has been formatted as a Table) into your OneDrive folder (or Dropbox etc), and then you could create a conection to this Excel file from your app.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

2.JPG

In addition, if you want to group your Table records by Company column, and show total Rate/hr value for each company within the Column Chart, please consider take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

Set the Items property of the ColumnChart1 control to following:

AddColumns(
GroupBy(Table1,"Company","GroupData"),
"Rate/hr(Sum)",
Sum(GroupData, 'Rate/hr')
)

More details about adding a connection within an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-data-connection

More details about the Column Chart control, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-column-line-chart

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kris,

Thank you so much for your help! Everything worked out. I do have one question regarding the column chart. Is there any way to expand the Company names on the x-axis, so the whole name can be seen? It seems like every time I stretch the chart out, just the columns end of stretching.

Thank you,

Joon

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 318 members 2,566 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: