cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTPlex
Level: Powered On

How to create more than two production environments under the existing account with Plan2?

As an O365 admin, I also have Plan2 license. I have created two production environment already and we have business need to create additional production environments. Also as a part of the governance, we want to ensure that we have a single admin and only he/she should be able to create the new environments instead of granting this type of permissions/licenses to non IT users. Currently, with Plan-2, I can only create 2 production environments. How do I overcome this limitation and create additional environments within my current license/account? 

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: How to create more than two production environments under the existing account with Plan2?

@DTPlex  not sure it completely applies to your scenario, but have you looked at this document on adding instances?

Hope it helps some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
DTPlex

Re: How to create more than two production environments under the existing account with Plan2?

@RandyHayes  - Thanks for the inputs. My question was mainly from the PowerApps & Flow Perspective and managing/adding the environments for the same. The article appears to be mainly for Dynamic CRM Customer Engagement and additional instance around it so it doesn't apply to me 😞

Super User
Super User

@DTPlex  It was worth a shot! Smiley Indifferent

The whole licensing aspect is always confusing with the services.  And it seems to change without notice.

Hopefully for your question, a licensing expert can chime in.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
DTPlex

Hi @jo - Can you please provide your inputs in here? We are trying to understand the process if we need to create more than 2 production Flow/PowerApps environments under a single global admin (with Plan 2). 

markpriem

Did you ever find out how to create more than 2 environments? Seems silly to not have the capability as global administrator to generate environments when your users ask for it.

jukkaniiranen

This was the information I received from Microsoft back in December 2018 about being able to create more than 2 environments per user:

"We have a process for onboarding a user (or service account) to be able to provision more than 2 environment. All that is needed is to provide Microsoft with the email address of the account that needs this additional privilege."

So, I guess you need to open a support ticket to gain access to "unlimited" PowerApps environments provisioning.

PowerApps Staff davidme
PowerApps Staff

I'm sorry for the misinformation that may have been received here, but we do not support unlimited provisioning based on the opening of a support ticket. The current quota model entitles a user with a P2 license to provision two production environments. However, we do have some big changes coming soon in this area as announced in this blog post:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/blog/provisioning-and-administration-is-getting-easier/

Hope that helps!

-David Messner

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 340 members 6,490 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: