cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Infoudev
Level: Powered On

How to create tablet app from Sharepoint list ?

I have a SP list, when I click on create powerapp application , it creates me a mobile app. I would instead create a tablet app which is scalable on mobile.

Is the mobile app created from SP is reponsive on tablet ?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to create tablet app from Sharepoint list ?

Hi @Infoudev,

Yes, currently creating apps from data directly are all in phone layout.

If you would like SharePoint list to offer an option to create app in tablet layout, then please consider submit this as an idea in PowerApps idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Infoudev
Level: Powered On

Do you think if I create a tablet empty app then copy the phone app elements, it works ?

I have created a new idea : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Create-app-in-tablet-layout-directly-from-ShareP...

Highlighted
tithij
Level: Power Up

I had the same issue.

I couldn't copy from the phone to the tablet version.

But my app was very simple, so I made sure the items were named the same, then copied the things under 'advanced' from app to app.

Adding the form autopopulated it with all the fields in the view that I associated in the 'connect data' portion.

It proved to be not too tricky.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't get the auto create of all the screens and tables but:

1. Start from scratch
  2. Select Tablet
  3. Add Screens
  4. Insert Data Table/Form/Galleries
  5. Connect to your list(s) (assumes you have already added them as data sources in PowerApps.
  6. PowerApps auto populates ALL THE FIELDS from your list.
  7. Spend half your day removing "system use" fields that have no business being on a User Interface.
  8. Vote for my idea to stop adding every field when connecting to a data source. Stop adding all fields
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. Definitely vote for those two ideas.

@Anonymous -- I'm loving this passive-aggressiveness. I did vote for your idea but I think it's better for the PA dev team to actually straighten out and optimize their editor. It's slow as hell. I remember having to wait half a minute per character when I was directly editing my code and that included whitespaces. Then again, baby steps.

@v-micsh-msft@Infoudev@tithij -- Yeah. Technically, you could copy elements from one app or another but the way PA editors are set-up right now, copy-pasting is tricky. The technique only works in PA Studio and it involves doing the ff:

1. Open App A in Edit Mode.
  2. Copy the objects you want to duplicate. 
  3. Open App B in Edit Mode. Do not close PA Studio.
  4. Paste the copied objects in App B.  

I believe this works since the clipboard in PA Studio persists across apps but gets cleared when you close Studio. It does get annoying to do it multiple times though. Copy too many objects and PA Studio might crash. There's another post in this community that better explains this. I'll leave the hunting to whoever wants to read it. If only the devs have set-up a way for trivial copy-pasting... sigh.

Aaannnddd.. You can't copy connectors. If the tables are automatically created by applying the template (I don't know. Haven't used templates), then you would have to add the connections yourself (as @Anonymous had suggested in Step 5).

Happy app-making and good luck with PowerApps. You'll certainly need some patience.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 318 members 5,931 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: