cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wsobhi
Level: Powered On

How to disable Screen zooming on PowerApps Canvas

Hi,

How to disable the feature of zoom in\out on PowerApps Canvas ?

https://we.tl/t-5eGyXISVuq

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to disable Screen zooming on PowerApps Canvas

Hi @wsobhi ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to disable the "Zoom in"/"Zoom out" feature within PowerApps Studio?

If you want to disable the "Zoom in"/"Zoom out" feature within PowerApps Studio, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wsobhi

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Zooming feature is already there on Powerapps Canvas, using two fingers user is able to zoom in\out which makes the application ugly !!. therefore, we would like to disable this feature as it also affect the dropdownlist at the time of selection, screen is automatically do zoom in.

I have shared the video to see the issue in the below link:

https://we.tl/t-5eGyXISVuq

Regards,

Highlighted
vishchandra

Same issue for me on iOS.

jlister
Level 8

@v-xida-msft I don't know when this issue started but it is definitely not a welcomed feature. The zoom is taking place inside the player on iOS. The user can use zoom the screen in and out using pinch zoom. See GIF below. I am testing this on version 3.19083.21. I would consider this an urgent request to fix.

video1.gifVersion 3.19083.21

Specoop

I've got an iPhone SE, and ComboBox set to size 25 font. When I click on the combobox, the application is zooming in substantially. After you pick a selection, you have to click out of the combobox, and then two finger manually zoom out (without clicking on any other part of the application).

jlister
Level 8

@Specoop I hear you. I also have a combo-box using Opens Sans font size 18. When selecting an option it sometimes zooms-in as you describe. I am not sure if it is a double-tap or single select gesture, but it happens as you describe. I have an open ticket with Microsoft's support team and as of yesterday, they suggested increasing the font-size as the solution but did not give any other specifics. The problem is, I need them to confirm which font sizes are problematic and they should inform their customers. In my opinion, if the font-size is the issue, this is a faulty control. I also notice double-tapping a disabled button causes the screen to zoom. So, there is more to this issue than just the combo box. According to MS, PowerApps doesn't even include a feature that should zoom when a control is double-tapped. It sounds like they are a long way off from solving this bug. I believe this bug was introduced when they released the pinch-zoom gesture. If I hear anything useful, I will definitely share it. However, I am starting to lose confidence in their support team at this point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,612)