cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayananthan
Level: Powered On

How to display current EST Time In Label

I need to display current EST time in a label in Powerapps. Any suggestions as day light saving also should be taken care automatically. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to display current EST Time In Label

@Dayananthan 

Are you stating that you are in EDT zone currently and you want to display EST instead (since it is currently EDT not EST)?

Or are you in another time zone and want to display the time for the Eastern Time Zone?

If you're in the ET zone, then and you just want to display the current time in a label, you can add a label and set the Text property to :  Text(Now(), "hh:mm:ss")

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Dayananthan

I am in different time zone and want to display current EST time in a label.

Dayananthan

Are you stating that you are in EDT zone currently and you want to display EST instead (since it is currently EDT not EST)?

Or are you in another time zone and want to display the time for the Eastern Time Zone?

Thanks Randy for you reply. @RandyHayes 

-- I am in diffrent time zone and want to display Current EST time in a label.

Super User
Super User

@Dayananthan 

So the only function at your disposal for this will be the TimeZoneOffset function.  And, it will sort of be a partial solution.

I would consider as a first step convert your current time to UTC - 

DateAdd(Now(), TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes)

Then apply an offset to that with DateAdd for your ET.

DateAdd(DateAdd( Now(), TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes ), -4, Hours)

This will adjust the UTC by the ET (-4) hours.  

Now...you can see, this is the partial solution part as it will not account for DST.

You might also want to browse this thread recently posted dealing with TimeZone conversions and how to get accurate results.  Perhaps that will give you some more detail based on your scenario.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

PowerApps by default can easily show time in the local timezone of the device or in UTC timezone using 

Text(Now(),DateTimeFormat.UTC) for UTC and Text(Now(),DateTimeFormat.Local) for local timezone.  But there is no functionality for changing to a specific timezone.  If you know the offset from UTC you can calculate a specific timezone time using the DateAdd function.  For Eastern time it would be -5, hours.  But that won't adjust for daylight savings time automatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Dayananthan

Thank you @Pstork1 @RandyHayes  for your valuable suggestions. I am searching for any way to take care daylight savings time automatically. May be need to try with some pre-populated Offset table information.

Super User
Super User

@Dayananthan 

One potential possible long-shot obscure method MIGHT be to have some sort of list of every date in every time zone you care about.  If the date contains the TimeZone information, then you can use that date in the TimeZone function - this will then automatically determine the proper adjustment.

The other option is to use a connector to a online timezone service.  There you can pass the timezone or geolocation information to it and get the current time in that location.  There are a bunch of Time Zone API REST services out there.

Dayananthan

Great I will check it out. Thank you @RandyHayes 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,876)