cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyankbhat
Level: Powered On

How to filter data in Combobox on sharepoint form using powerapp

Hi

I have developed sharepoint with 2 Sharepoint list. 

1. Project Profile

2. Status report

Status report has field "Project ID" which lookups value from Project Profile sharepoint list. See below screenshots.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I am trying to create form using PowerApps. I would like to have Project ID dropdown on newly created Status Report entry form to be filtered with data related to logged in user. 

I have tried few example and updated property named "Item" with below code

Filter(Choices('Status Report'.Project_x0020_ID), Author.DisplayName = User().FullName)

Above does not work and does not display any data.

So i tried below 

Filter(Choices('Status Report'.Project_x0020_ID), Author.DisplayName <> User().FullName)

Above displayes All Data and filter does not work.

I am struggling to get solution on filtering ComboBox which should populate data related to logged in user only.

Please suggest/help on how to fix this issue.

Thanks

Priyank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to filter data in Combobox on sharepoint form using powerapp

Hi @priyankbhat,

Do you want to filter Project ID (within "Project Profile" list) related to the current login in user within the Combo box control?

I think there is something issue with the formula that you provided, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add the 'Project Profile' list as a data source within your app.
  • Unlock the Data card control (Project ID data card) which contains the Combo box control within the Edit form.
  • Set the Items property of the Combo box control to following formula:
Filter('Project Profile',Author.Email=User().Email).Project_x0020_ID

In addition, if the Combo box doesn't show any data within it based on above formula (I think it is correct), please take a try to convert the Combo box control within the Edit form into a Drop down control.

More details about converting a Combo box control within a Edit form into a Drop down control, please check the following GIF image:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to filter data in Combobox on sharepoint form using powerapp

Hi @priyankbhat,

Do you want to filter Project ID (within "Project Profile" list) related to the current login in user within the Combo box control?

I think there is something issue with the formula that you provided, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add the 'Project Profile' list as a data source within your app.
  • Unlock the Data card control (Project ID data card) which contains the Combo box control within the Edit form.
  • Set the Items property of the Combo box control to following formula:
Filter('Project Profile',Author.Email=User().Email).Project_x0020_ID

In addition, if the Combo box doesn't show any data within it based on above formula (I think it is correct), please take a try to convert the Combo box control within the Edit form into a Drop down control.

More details about converting a Combo box control within a Edit form into a Drop down control, please check the following GIF image:Test1.gif

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,410)