cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asafweis
Level: Powered On

How to find text in OCR output

Hi,

I'm making an app that searches an OCR result an confirms if a certain string is found within the text. I can get the OCR to work with Azure cognitive services easily engouht. What i can't work out is how to search the text for a string and output a true or false if the string is found within the text that is recognised. 

The string i am looking for is also dynamic and is held within a variable.

Can anyne help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to find text in OCR output

Hi @asafweis ,

Could you please share a bit more about the result the OCP returns? Is it a Text string value?

Further, do you want to check if a certain string is in a Text value?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the in operator could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following formula:

If(
   "Certain String" in "OCR Result",
    true,
    false
)

If you store the certain string you want to search for within a variable, please modify above formula as below:

If(
    CertainStringVariable in "OCR Result",   /* <-- "OCR Result" represents the Text value that (you mentioned) where you searach your certain string  */
    true,
    false
)

In addition, I also agree with @RandyHayes 's thought almost, I think the Find() function could achieve your needs. Please take a try with the following formula:

If(
IsBlank(Find(CertainStringVariable, "OCR Result")),
false,
true
)

More details about Find function, please check the following article:

Find function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @asafweis 

Have you explored using the Find function?  That is about the only function for searching a string for another string.

I hope that helps you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @asafweis ,

Could you please share a bit more about the result the OCP returns? Is it a Text string value?

Further, do you want to check if a certain string is in a Text value?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the in operator could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following formula:

If(
   "Certain String" in "OCR Result",
    true,
    false
)

If you store the certain string you want to search for within a variable, please modify above formula as below:

If(
    CertainStringVariable in "OCR Result",   /* <-- "OCR Result" represents the Text value that (you mentioned) where you searach your certain string  */
    true,
    false
)

In addition, I also agree with @RandyHayes 's thought almost, I think the Find() function could achieve your needs. Please take a try with the following formula:

If(
IsBlank(Find(CertainStringVariable, "OCR Result")),
false,
true
)

More details about Find function, please check the following article:

Find function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

asafweis
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the help. 

I ended up using the find function and just looked for values above 0, but using 'in' looks just as valid.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,818)