cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesM
Level 8

How to get a value from a Microsoft Flow into PowerApps

I have a question posted elsewhere explaining that I can't figure out how to get JSON data into my PowerApps via a Flow, so I thought I'd try and make the worlds most simple flow - one that just creates and returns a string - and test that. I STILL can't get it to work? I have followed online guides. 

Here is my simple flow, then you see me set a variable as the result of the flow, then I try to use that variable in a lable. But when I add the variable then a '.' nothing comes up after. There's nothing for me to select. No value, no nothing. I'm so confused 😞 

2018-09-29 22_04_45-Run History _ Microsoft Flow.png2018-09-29 22_05_02-InSite Retail Dashboard - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

2018-09-29 22_05_19-InSite Retail Dashboard - Saved (Unpublished) - PowerApps.png

3 REPLIES 3
tchin-nin
Level 10

Re: How to get a value from a Microsoft Flow into PowerApps

Hi @JamesM

Have you tried using the PowerApps trigger ? I don't know if there is a link between the powerapps trigger and the response to powerapps action, but my idea is that with the PowerApps trigger, your app is aware that it's expecting an answer, and maybe it's not using an HTTP request.

Théo

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JamesM,

Have you checked the following blog?

Return an Array form Flow to PowerApps (Response Method)

The Response to PowerApps currently have some limits returning array.

For the Variable value, please navigate to File->Variables to check if the value has been collected.

Please review the steps in Response to PowerApps, the additional attribute should be defined under the Output part when configure the Flow.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I will share the test resuts from my side later.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JamesM
Level 8

Thanks everyone for their contributions. I will test some of this within the next 24 hours or so, and report back. If I can solve getting back JSON arrays from Microsoft Flow into PowerApps, it will open up many possibilities for my app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,948)