cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsparks
Level: Powered On

Re: How to go about assigning a number value to each value in a choice dropdown

How do I go about setting custom values for the combobox? I need it to reflect these values:

some have values.PNG

So Large 4WD and Ute have most of the accessories, but further down all vehicles will have the option for a fire extinguisher. Would it be better to link the combobox to this data or enter it manually as a "Table" or similar directly into the combobox? 

Am I able to filter the options available in the combobox based on the vehicle selected in a separate dropdown? The reason I do this is to avoid users selecting for example a Tonneau Cover for a hatchback, but I don't think it's a huge issue if I can't as it should be common sense for most instances.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rsparks ,

Firstly, you do not need to add the additional data in the vehicle costs list.

Here's my advice:  (use lookup field)

1)create two lists.

one name is optional extras costs, one text field record optional extras name, one number field record optional extras price

one name is vehicle costs,six fields record basic information(vehicle type, some basic parts), one multiple lookup field linked to optional extras costs list optional extras name field.

2)connect with optional extras costs list and  vehicle costs list

If you calculate data in a form, the lookup field will display as a combo box by default.

If you calculates data not in a form, then let me tell you how to set it.

Firstly, inset a combo box.

Set the combo box's Items:

Choices(vehicle costs.lookupfieldname)  //please replace with your lookupfieldname

Set the label's Text: (display calculated value)

Sum(Filter(optional extras costs,optional extras name in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),optional extras price)

Then, the label will display the sum price of the optional extras.

If you want to sum up with basic parts, you could try this:

Sum(ThisItem.exculding gst+ThisItem.Decal+......+
Sum(Filter(optional extras costs,optional extras name in ComboBox1.SelectedItems.Value),optional extras price)
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
rsparks
Level: Powered On

It looks good, but the Optional Extras costs need to be different for each vehicle type. How should I structure the Optional Extra Costs list to show this?

extras.PNG

So for example the Towbar will be a different price depending on the vehicle selected. Would the solution be to have each column being a different vehicle? E.g. Small Sedan Costs, Small Hatch Costs etc. Then use an if function for the combo box to determine which column to display the values for?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,703)