cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesM
Level 8

How to handle errors from a PowerApps custom connector

Occasionally I get the 'red error' dialog for calls to my web API via the PowerApps Custom Connector. They are usually HTTP code 500s. I suspect it's a network hiccup or similar, as every time I test the call outside of my App it works fine. How can I 'handle' these errors in PowerApps so that they don't display the red error / failure? And instead simply, I don't know, substitute a default value or something? Or present a friendly error, or trap the error altogether and make it silent?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to handle errors from a PowerApps custom connector

Unfortunately, there's no way to handle this in PowerApps. I'd suggest voting for this idea of 'Try-Catch' functionality which would be of great help in situations like this.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Error-handling-inside-PowerApps-Try-Catch/idi-p/...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JamesM,

Could you please share more details about the error message on your side?

Which authentication type do you use within your custom connector?

Further, could you please share more details about the OpenAPI definition file of your custom connector?

Based on the HTTP error code (500) that you provided, I think there is something wrong when you make a call/request to your Web server using your custom connector in PowerApps.

Please check if you have typed/defined proper URL path or Request type (e.g. Get, Post, etc.) within your custom connector.

In addition, please also check if you have provided proper Authorization Info within your custom connector. e.g. If you use API Key authentication type, please check if you have provided proper API Key value.

In addition, within PowerApps, there is no way to handle a HTTP error friendly within PowerApps custom connector currently.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @JamesM are you still experiencing this error? If so, did the above response help at all?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Super User
Super User

Unfortunately, there's no way to handle this in PowerApps. I'd suggest voting for this idea of 'Try-Catch' functionality which would be of great help in situations like this.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Error-handling-inside-PowerApps-Try-Catch/idi-p/...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,452)