cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyankbhat
Level: Powered On

How to hide Save and Cancel button on Sharepoint powerapp form

Hi,

Please suggest how to hide Save and Cancel button on sharepoint powerapp form.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Priyank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff yfw
PowerApps Staff

Re: How to hide Save and Cancel button on Sharepoint powerapp form

based on your description as a moblie application, sounds like your app is trying to toggle between display form and edit form based user logins. This scenario can be achieved by setting the visibility of the "Edit" option to be user specific by using the User function. And here is a similar scenario, this article of how to show different content based on user logins. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PowerApps Staff yfw
PowerApps Staff

"Save" and "Edit" buttons show up by clicking "Edit all". They are provided to save or cancel changes to the list entry. As part of Sharepooint embed frame, I'm not aware of settings to hide them. Can you please be more specific of what scenario you are trying to achieve so that we can give better suggestions?

priyankbhat

Hi yfw,

Thanks for your reply.

I have sharepoint which has list of columns with each has some different/separate actions. Eg Data provided by user goes through review and reviewer data is also stored on same list row.

I developed mobile using powerapps which connects to above sharepoint list. I am able to customize requirement using different forms.

I have issue when i tried developing sharepoint form which allows user to submit their activity data. For reviewer same form opens when i try to edit it. Some how I am able to identify logged in user with Author name and able to show user data in view mode and small overlay box which contains edit form. Using Patch i am able to save only reviewer comments on to sharepoint list. Functionality works fine but only problem is default save and cancel button. Review is getting confused and clicks on default save button which causes issue.

I hope I was able to explain.

Thanks

Priyank

PowerApps Staff yfw
PowerApps Staff

based on your description as a moblie application, sounds like your app is trying to toggle between display form and edit form based user logins. This scenario can be achieved by setting the visibility of the "Edit" option to be user specific by using the User function. And here is a similar scenario, this article of how to show different content based on user logins. 

View solution in original post

priyankbhat

Thanks for sharing link. Link is near to my requirement. I would try that.

Highlighted
BartSchaap
Level 8

In my opinion this is marked incorrectly as a solution to the problem. As for now is is not possible to disable the toolbar. This is confusing for an user and can be misused as a bypass for functionality implemented in a PowerApp.

JohnWeb

Same issue here, any resolution for this yet?

VikasSukhija02

This can be achieved by creating as seprate page and adding the powerapp link in iframe.

See the details blogpost here to assist you.

https://techwizard.cloud/2019/09/15/hide-save-and-cancel-button-on-powerapps-form/

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 415 members 5,736 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: