Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarieBainbridge
Level: Powered On

How to insert a Sharepoint List item within an Email

Hi

I'm wanting to replace the "Text" in Subject title of the Email set up with the 'Address' Item in my SharePoint List?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to insert a Sharepoint List item within an Email

@MarieBainbridge
Awesome. I’m glad it’s working for you now Marie! I look forward to seeing you on the forum again soon.

Please close the thread if the issue is solved.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

I do not understand what your issue is or what you would like to see happen. Please give more detail on your issue such as:
Share your current code
Give an example
Give a sample of the expected outcome
Take a screenshot
Etc
MarieBainbridge

Hi there,

I've got a button set up with the following code to send an automatic email without editing:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
"marie.bainbridge@sunderlandymca.co.uk",
"Gas Safety Inspection Request",
"Hi ya, Please carry out a Gas Safety Inspection at your earliest convenience. If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Many Thanks "
,{Bcc:"finance@sunderlandymca.co.uk",Importance:"High"})

It's the Subject element that I'd like replacing with the Address column for each list item.  The button is on a screen that list all a columns's relevant list info required, per selected item.

Hope that helps you help me; I'm so very new at this 😞

M#

Super User
Super User

OK, I think I understand what you want to do now but I’ll have to ask a few more questions to get the specifics.

Do you want to send out a single email on this screen for one address only?
Is the company address displayed on the screen in a label or text input? If yes, what type and what name does it have?
MarieBainbridge

Hi
Yes, clicking the programmed button send the email automatically without need to edit, with List column ‘Address’ in Subject, email address to be the suppliers email address from same List column, Cc in sender (Marie. Bainbridge or anyone else clicking the send button from within their App access if these App sent emails don’t show in Sent items on Outlook)) and bcc finance email would be great ?
M#
Super User
Super User

@MarieBainbridge 

I will give you 2 general approaches to having the subject line show the address of the current record.  You can pick the option that works best for you.

#1.  Did you browse to the record using a Gallery and clicking on the record?  If yes, then the code is very simple.  You can use Gallery1.Selected.BuildingAddress and replace BuildingAddress with your column name in the datasource.

Gallery1.Selected.BuildingAddress,
"Hi ya, Please carry out a Gas Safety Inspection at your earliest convenience. If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Many Thanks ",{Bcc:"finance@sunderlandymca.co.uk",Importance:"High"})

#2 Is the record ID number available in your Form?  You could use a LookUp on the record Id to return the address.

LookUp(your_datasource_name,ID=Value(DataCardValue_ID.Text),BuildingAddress),
"Hi ya, Please carry out a Gas Safety Inspection at your earliest convenience. If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Many Thanks ",{Bcc:"finance@sunderlandymca.co.uk",Importance:"High"})

Let me know if this works.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

MarieBainbridge

Oh my word!  #1 worked!  You;re a star!  thank you very much....

Super User
Super User

@MarieBainbridge
Awesome. I’m glad it’s working for you now Marie! I look forward to seeing you on the forum again soon.

Please close the thread if the issue is solved.

View solution in original post

MarieBainbridge

Hi there,

Would there be a way to add Other List items into the Body of the email please ?  

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,711)