cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yefer
Level: Powered On

How to load Cascading dropdown on edit mode?

Hi

Currently, I am trying to load two dropdown in the edit mode with the default values that the item has been saved, but i have not succeeded, if there is a better way to achieve it I would appreciate your help. 

The 1st list only contains a column1st.PNG1st

The 2nd list have a lookup column of the 1st list, called familia, that relates Title with familia
2nd.PNG

The 3rd list contains Familia and Requerimiento columns that in new form mode are cascading dropdown and it work correctly.3rd.pngThe problem is in edit form mode because I can't preselect the values that the item to edit contains, as you can see in the previous image Family column = Foto Checks, and Requerimiento column = Auto, if I edit the record it should preload the same values, currently I'm using the same filter in new form mode and edit form mode and it cant preload the values of record.

4th.PNG

I did this based on the following link https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/customize-sharepoint-forms-with-powerapps/ 

I also tried with lookup columns, but when saving it don't save the dropdown values because i have changed the datasources.

Thanks in advant.

4 REPLIES 4
yuriarciniegas

Re: How to load Cascading dropdown on edit mode?

Hola porque no tratas solo con 2 lista, ya que la primera traera toda la informacion de una columna que sea texto?????? me parece mas sencilla

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Yefer ,

What are the column types of  Familia and Requerimiento columns? Did you mean that you also what to pick values from previous 2 lists? If so, can you set their column types to lookup and lookup the values from these 2 lists from SharePoint side? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Yefer

Hola

Por algunas razones debo manterner esa estructura entonces no podria eliminar la primer lista.

Yefer

Hi 

1. Familia and Requerimiento are single line of text type, in new form mode I used dropdown then update the DataCardValues with the selected value in dropdown.

2. I need preload the dropdown with the values of the record in edit form mode, currently I don't know how to load it with the saved values.

3. I have tried with lookup columns type, but when I add the cascading functionality is necessary change the datasources but in the moment of submit the form it don't save the data of dropdowns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,641)