cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meganlim60
Level: Powered On

How to make timer on different screens work simultaneously?

Hi, just several questions.

1) I would like to add a timer on different screens. How can I go about making them all work simultaneously?

2) Is there a way that once the timer has started, the user clicks "end" button, and the timer just stops, and moves on to the next screen?

3) Are there any other ways where I can link the "start" button to the timer other than  - UpdateContext({Start:true})?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How to make timer on different screens work simultaneously?

@Meganlim60 

Take a look at the attached app.  I have adjusted it to meet what you are looking for.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Hi @Meganlim60 

1) I would like to add a timer on different screens. How can I go about making them all work simultaneously?

You can change the "Auto Pause" property to "Off" on any timer you don't want to have stop when the screen changes.  When it is "On", the Timer control will pause when the screen changes.  When "Off" it will not.

2) Is there a way that once the timer has started, the user clicks "end" button, and the timer just stops, and moves on to the next screen?

When you say, "end" button - are you referring to a button you have on your screen, or the timer control itself?

If it's the timer control itself you want to click on to end, then you need to check the condition of the timer...is it running or done or starting.  Then navigate based on that.

If it is an "end" button you have, then you can navigate from that button.  If the AutoPause property is true on the timer, then it will stop.  If you want to force it to stop, then you can set a variable and use that variable in the Start property of the timer control.

3) Are there any other ways where I can link the "start" button to the timer other than  - UpdateContext({Start:true})?

If you are not having users see or click on the timer directly, then you would have to use your own variables to link to the Start property of the timer.

If you are hiding the timer for no particular reason other than to avoid having it show with the timer count on it, then consider changing the Text property of the timer to whatever you want.  That way it will look and act like a button, but will have whatever text you want on it and will avoid you having to use variables to link the the Start property.

I hope this is helpful for you.  Post back if you have other questions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Meganlim60

Hi @RandyHayes 

I do not quite get the answer for my 2nd question.

So firstly, the 'end' button is something I added into the screen. 

Basically what I am trying to do is to create a test, with a timer set on the screen. When the test starts and the tests is being forced to close (clicking the 'end' button to stop the timer), and go straight to the final screen of the test.

Could you explain more on this sentence - "If you want to force it to stop, then you can set a variable and use that variable in the Start property of the timer control."

Thanks!

Super User
Super User

@Meganlim60 

This is very quickly put together, but I believe that the attached App will give you some more insight into how to handle and control those timers.  Download and open the app and take a look.  I have each of the 3 questions as a demo in the app.

Let me know if it makes sense or if you have other questions.

Meganlim60

@RandyHayes 

Thanks, just one thing!

Is it possible to do something similar to the example (eg. the timer counts down - start with eg. 45min and stops at 00:00:00), instead of the counter working like a stopwatch (eg. where you are counting the duration - start with 00:00:00 and timer increases to 00:00:10)

Thanks

Meganlim60

@RandyHayes 

Please see the attached. hopefully it will show the problem i am facing.

Thanks

Super User
Super User

@Meganlim60 

Take a look at the attached app.  I have adjusted it to meet what you are looking for.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

View solution in original post

Meganlim60

@RandyHayes 

Great! Just exactly what I needed! 

Thanks so much for your help!! Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 176 members 5,964 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: