cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenVitug
Level 8

How to reTrigger Gallery Form to Refresh onSelect of button that creates collection for SP list

How to reTrigger Gallery Form to Refresh onSelect of button that creates collection for SP list that contains 3000+ items.

Initially, the Gallery should just show the default 500 items (limit)  from the SP Datasource, which is faster and especially if user just needs to CREATE a new item  for this SP list  (therefore, user does not need to load all 3000+ records ). 

But if user needs to EDIT an item , which is not from within the first 500 records of the SP list, i have created a button (Load All Records)   in the Gallery Form to  create the Collection to cache the 3000+ rows from the SP list.   

However,  how do i make the Gallery Form Refresh to use the Collection  so that it can now load all the 3000+ records  for the user to select for editing galleryform.JPGNeed to refresh Gallery to show the Collection created for 3000+ records only when Button LoadAll is selected

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
roknron
Level: Powered On

Re: How to reTrigger Gallery Form to Refresh onSelect of button that creates collection for SP list

Have you tried filtering the items based on a search that contains a criterier provided by the user?  You could still limit the recordset to 500 records.  Why would you have the user manually search through 3000 records?

JenVitug
Level 8

Re: How to reTrigger Gallery Form to Refresh onSelect of button that creates collection for SP list

hi @roknron,

I have tried filtering to limit the recordset, however, if the records being searched/filtered are not in the first 500 records of the SP list,  the search/filter returns NO results.    I have done a workaround, which is to display a second gallery form to show the recordset using the Collection (collection cached all the records)  as the datasource instead of the SP datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 173 members 5,671 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: